1 Answer. Go into cmd(command prompt) or the run dialog ( Windows + R ) and execute msiexec -? . It will open a window containing your version at the top.
How do I find the Windows Installer version in Windows 10?
To ensure Windows Installer engine is Current and Functioning:
- Click Start.
- Open Windows Command Prompt: …
- Type MSIexec and press Enter.
- If the Windows Installer engine (MSI) is working, there will be no error message, and a separate screen will open to display the MSI version number.
Where can I find Windows installer on my computer?
To find out which version of Windows Installer you have installed on your PC, do this:
- Click on ‘Start’
- Then click ‘Run’
- In the box type ” msiexec ” then click OK.
- Then another box will come up and at the top of the box the first line should read which which version of Windows Installer you have installed on your PC.
13 нояб. 2010 г.
How do I update Windows Installer?
How to Update Windows Installer
- Type www.microsoft.com in your address bar or “Microsoft Windows Installer” in the search bar. …
- At Microsoft’s home page, run your mouse over “Downloads & Trials”; a drop-down menu will appear. …
- Click on “Windows” in the list titled “Product Families.”
Where do I find the installer file?
The installer file should be located in the bin folder of your installer project. Right click on the project in the project tree, and select “Open folder in windows explorer”, and you’ll find the bin directory. The link on the desktop will only be present once the installer file has been run.
Why Windows Installer is not working?
In the Run prompt, type MSIExec, and then press Enter. … msc to open Windows Services and go to Windows Installer, and restart it. 3] Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This usually happens if the Windows Installer Engine is corrupted, installed incorrectly, or disabled.
How do I fix Windows Installer problem?
- Click Start. , type services. …
- Right-click Windows Installer, and then click Properties.
- If the Startup type box is set to Disabled, change it to Manual.
- Click OK to close the Properties window.
- Right-click the Windows Installer service, and then click Start. …
- Try to install or to uninstall again.
How do I enable Windows Installer?
- Click Start, and then click Run. (The screen shot for this step is listed below).
- In the Open box, type msconfig, and then click OK. …
- On the Services tab, click to select the check box that is next to Windows Installer. …
- Click OK, and then click Restart to restart the computer. …
- Install Office again.
11 июн. 2020 г.
How do I unregister and reinstall Windows Installer?
Method 1: Unregister and re-register the Windows Installer
- Click Start, click Run, type MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs.
- Click Start, click Run, type MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK. …
- Try your Windows Installer-based application again.
How do I remove Windows Installer?
Open Local Group Policy Editor and expand Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Installer . Double-click the policy named “Turn off Windows Installer” in the right pane. Select Enabled. Click the “Disable Windows Installer” drop-down list and select Always.
Do I need Windows Installer?
A: No! The C:WindowsInstaller folder is used by the OS and should never be changed directly. If you want to remove applications, use the Control Panel Programs and Features to uninstall them. It is also possible to run Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr.exe) in elevated mode to help free up space.
What is the Windows Update agent?
The Microsoft Windows Update Agent (also referred to as WUA) is an agent program. It works together with the Windows Server Update Services to automatically deliver patches. It’s able to scan your computer and determine what version of Windows you’re running. … Windows Update Agent was first introduced for Windows Vista.
Where are Windows 10 installation files stored?
The Windows 10 installation files are installed as a hidden file in the C drive. Therefore I would recommend you to not tamper with C drive.
Where is the Installer folder in Windows 10?
The Windows Installer Cache, located in c:windowsinstaller folder, is used to store important files for applications installed using the Windows Installer technology and should not be deleted.
What is the installer file?
Windows Installer files are used by Microsoft’s Windows Operating System for installing software. It is a package with installation information for a particular program and can be extracted using a file decompression tool.