The solution is to delete the folder. If this message pops up, you’ll still be able to install Lion. However, as explained by Apple, the installer won’t be able to create a Recovery HD partition. Recovery HD is used for performing “emergency” options, such as reinstalling Mac OS X or running Disk Utility.
Can’t install OS X Mountain Lion?
Restart the Mac and hold down Command+R to enter Recovery Mode. That boots to a hidden partition on the drive which will allow you to reinstall the OS. If it asks for an Apple ID, it will be expecting the ID and password of the person who purchased Mountain Lion (10.8. x).
Why can’t I install OS X on my Mac?
If macOS still won’t install properly, you might need to reinstall the whole operating system instead. You can do this using Recovery Mode on your Mac. Restart your Mac and hold Option + Cmd + R while it powers on. … Click Reinstall macOS to install the latest version of macOS.
Can you still reinstall Mac OS X Lion?
Reinstalling while keeping files, applications, and settings
Restart your computer, and immediately hold down command-r until the gray Apple logo appears. If prompted, select your main language and then click the arrow. Click Reinstall OS X, and then Continue.
How do I install OS X Lion on my Macbook?
Use the OS X Lion Installer
- Click the Lion installer Dock icon (or double-click the Install Mac OS X Lion application in the Applications folder) to start the Lion installation process.
- Click Continue in the window that opens.
How do I factory reset my macbook pro mountain lion?
If you would like to securely erase your data, click Security Options…, adjust the slider accordingly, and click OK. When you’re ready, click Erase…, and then Erase again to erase your disk. When the process completes, quit Disk Utility. Click Reinstall OS X, and then Continue.
How do you force a Mac to shut down?
Press these three keys together: Option, Command, and Esc (Escape). Or choose Force Quit from the Apple menu in the upper-left corner of your screen. (This is similar to pressing Control-Alt-Delete on a PC.) Then select the app in the Force Quit window and click Force Quit.
Why is macOS Big Sur failing to install?
If you’re still having problems downloading macOS Big Sur, try to find the partially-downloaded macOS 11 files and a file named ‘Install macOS 11’ on your hard drive. Delete them, then reboot your Mac and try to download macOS Big Sur again. … Finally, try logging out of the Store to see if that restarts the download.
Can’t reinstall macOS because disk is locked?
Boot to the Recovery Volume (command – R on a restart or hold down the option/alt key during a restart and select Recovery Volume). Run Disk Utility Verify/Repair Disk and Repair Permissions until you get no errors. Then re-install the OS.
How do you restore a Mac to factory settings?
How to Factory Reset: MacBook
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
How do I wipe my Mac and reinstall OS?
Erase and reinstall macOS
- Start up your computer in macOS Recovery: …
- In the Recovery app window, select Disk Utility, then click Continue.
- In Disk Utility, select the volume you want to erase in the sidebar, then click Erase in the toolbar.
How do I restore factory settings on my MacBook air?
How to reset a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac. …
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.