In the Disk Management window, right-click or tap and hold on the partition that you want to be removed (the one with the operating system that you uninstall), and select “Delete Volume” to erase it.
Then, you can add the available space to other partitions.
How do I remove an operating system from my computer?
- Insert the Windows Installation Disc into the disc drive and restart the computer.
- Press any key to boot from the disc.
- Start the setup. In Windows XP, press “Enter,” then the F8 key to accept the user agreement.
- Delete the current operating system.
- About the Author.
How do I remove an operating system from my hard drive?
Steps to delete Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP from system drive
- Insert the Windows installation CD into your disk drive and restart your computer;
- Hit any key on your keyboard when asked if you want to boot to the CD;
- Press “Enter” at the welcome screen and then hit the “F8” key to accept the Windows license agreement.
How do I delete my old operating system?
Here’s the proper way to delete the Windows.old folder:
- Step 1: Click in Windows’ search field, type Cleanup, then click Disk Cleanup.
- Step 2: Click the “Clean up system files” button.
- Step 3: Wait a bit while Windows scans for files, then scroll down the list until you see “Previous Windows installation(s).”
How do I remove operating system from dual boot?
Follow these steps:
- Click Start.
- Type msconfig in the search box or open Run.
- Go to Boot.
- Select which Windows version you’d like to boot into directly.
- Press Set as Default.
- You can delete the earlier version by selecting it and then clicking Delete.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”