Steps to create a backup system image
- Open the Control Panel (easiest way is to search for it or ask Cortana).
- Click System and Security.
- Click Backup and Restore (Windows 7)
- Click Create a system image in the left panel.
- You have options for where you want to save the backup image: external hard drive or DVDs.
How do I back up my Windows 10 operating system?
To create a full backup of your computer using the system image tool, use these steps:
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on System and Security.
- Click on Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
- On the left pane, click the Create a system image link.
- Under “Where do you want to save the backup?”
How do I create a backup for Windows 10?
How to Take a Full Backup of Windows 10 on an External Hard Drive
- Step 1: Type ‘Control Panel’ in the search bar and then press <enter>.
- Step 2: In System and Security, click “Save backup copies of your files with File History”.
- Step 3: Click on “System Image Backup” in the bottom left corner of the window.
- Step 4: Click on the button “Create a system image”.
How do I backup my computer to an external drive?
If you don’t get this prompt, you can just go to the Start Menu, type “backup” in the search box, and hit Backup and Restore. From there, click the “Set Up Backup” button. Pick the external drive you plugged in and hit Next. Windows’ default settings are probably fine, so you can just hit Next and the next screen too.
What is the best way to backup my computer?
Back Up to an External Drive: If you have an external USB hard drive, you can just back up to that drive using your computer’s built-in backup features. On Windows 10 and 8, use File History. On Windows 7, use Windows Backup. On Macs, use Time Machine.
Photo in the article by “President of Russia”