Under Programs and Features, select View installed updates on left pane. Under Uninstall an update list, select applicable Internet Explorer version from the list (Internet Explorer 11 or Windows Internet Explorer 9) and select Yes to confirm uninstallation and restart your system to complete the process.
How do I uninstall Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7?
Select the Start button, then select Control Panel > Programs. Under Programs and Features, select View installed updates, Find Internet Explorer 11 from the list and select the Internet Explorer 11 and click the uninstall button or right click on the entry and select uninstall.
How do I uninstall Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 64 bit?
About This Article
- Click Uninstall a program or Programs and features.
- Click View installed updates.
- Click Internet Explorer 11.
- Click Uninstall.
- Click Yes.
- Click Restart Now.
How do I completely remove Internet Explorer 11?
To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start and open Settings.
- Click Apps.
- Click Optional features.
- In the list of installed features, locate Internet Explorer 11. Click on the entry, then click Uninstall.
- Wait for the Latest Actions section to indicate reboot required.
- Restart the computer.
Can I reinstall Internet Explorer on Windows 7?
Depending on your version of Windows 7, you can have IE 8, IE 9, IE 10 or IE 11 installed by default! No matter which version of IE is installed, though, you can uninstall and reinstall IE by simply going to the Control Panel.
Is it safe to remove Internet Explorer from Windows 7?
If you don’t use Internet Explorer, don’t uninstall it. Uninstalling Internet Explorer may cause your Windows computer to have problems. Even though removing the browser isn’t a wise option, you can safely disable it and use an alternative browser to access the internet.
How do I install Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7?
Click on the Start icon.
- Type in “Internet Explorer.”
- Select Internet Explorer.
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner.
- Select About Internet Explorer.
- Check the box next to Install new versions automatically.
- Click Close.
How do I uninstall Internet Explorer 10 from Windows 7?
How to uninstall IE10 : Start button > in the search box, type programs and features > Enter > left side, click View Installed Updates > scroll down to find Windows Internet Explorer 10 > right click > click Uninstall. Restart computer.
Why can’t I see Internet Explorer in programs and features?
If IE isn’t listed in Windows Features: Start> Settings> Apps> Apps and features> if IE isn’t listed> click Manage optional features> click on Add a feature and see if you can add/enable it.
Can I uninstall Windows 11?
Open the Start menu and navigate to Settings > Update & Security, then select View Update History. Click Uninstall Updates, then find the update you want to uninstall. Right-click the update and select Uninstall.
Can IE 11 be uninstalled from Windows 10?
Because Internet Explorer 11 comes preinstalled on Windows 10 — and no, you can’t uninstall it. … On the left side of the Programs and Features window, you should see a link with a blue and yellow shield next to it that says Turn Windows features on or off.
How do I uninstall Windows 11?
How to Uninstall Windows 11
- Navigate to Settings->System->Recovery. …
- Click Go back next to Previous version of Windows. …
- Check off one or more reasons for your uninstall when prompted. …
- Click “No, thanks” when asked to check for updates instead of rolling back. …
- Click Next.
Why is my Internet Explorer not working on Windows 7?
If you can’t open Internet Explorer, if it freezes, or if it opens briefly and then closes, the problem might be caused by low memory or damaged system files. Open Internet Explorer and select Tools > Internet options. … Select the Advanced tab, and then select Reset.
How can I get Internet Explorer back on my computer?
Enable access to Internet Explorer
- Click Start, and then click Default Programs.
- Click Set program access and computer defaults.
- Under Choose a configuration, click Custom.
- Click to select the Enable access to this program box next to Internet Explorer.
What happened to Internet Explorer on my computer?
Microsoft will end support for Internet Explorer 11 across its Microsoft 365 apps and services next year. In exactly a year, on August 17th, 2021, Internet Explorer 11 will no longer be supported for Microsoft’s online services like Office 365, OneDrive, Outlook, and more.