When Ubuntu Software opens, click the Installed button at the top. Find the application that you want to remove by using the search box or by looking through the list of installed applications. Select the application and click Remove. Confirm that you want to remove the application.
How do I uninstall a program on Linux?
To uninstall a program, use the “apt-get” command, which is the general command for installing programs and manipulating installed programs. For example, the following command uninstalls gimp and deletes all the configuration files, using the “ — purge” (there are two dashes before “purge”) command.
What is the uninstall command in Ubuntu?
To remove a specific package, use the apt-get remove command: sudo apt-get remove package_name. This command prompts apt to scan through the installed applications and attempt to remove or repair any that are broken.
How do I uninstall recently installed programs on Ubuntu?
Uninstalling Packages using the Ubuntu Software Center
This will open the USC tool. To get a list of all installed applications, click on the “Installed” tab at the top navigation bar. Scroll down until you find the application you want to uninstall and click on the “Remove” button next to it.
How do I uninstall a program on Ubuntu 14?
Click on the Ubuntu Software icon in the Activities toolbar; this will open the Ubuntu Software manager through which you can search for, install and uninstall software from your computer. From the list of applications, look up for the one you want to uninstall and then click the Remove button against it.
How do I uninstall an RPM package?
Uninstalling Using the RPM Installer
- Execute the following command to discover the name of the installed package: rpm -qa | grep Micro_Focus. …
- Execute the following command to uninstall the product: rpm -e [ PackageName ]
How do I remove apt repository?
It’s not hard:
- List all installed repositories. ls /etc/apt/sources.list.d. …
- Find the name of the repository you want to remove. In my case I want to remove natecarlson-maven3-trusty. …
- Remove the repository. …
- List all the GPG keys. …
- Find the key ID for the key you want to remove. …
- Remove the key. …
- Update the package lists.
How do I fix broken packages in Ubuntu?
How to Find and Fix Broken Packages
- Open your terminal by pressing Ctrl + Alt + T on your keyboard and enter: sudo apt –fix-missing update.
- Update the packages on your system: sudo apt update.
- Now, force the installation of the broken packages using the -f flag.
How do I uninstall apt-get?
If you want to remove a package, use the apt in the format; sudo apt remove [package name]. If you want to remove a package without confirming add –y between apt and remove words.
How do I list recently installed packages in Linux?
To list the most recently installed packages, use the following command with the –last option. This is very useful if you recently installed or upgraded a number of packages and something unexpected happens.
How check recently installed packages in Linux?
The procedure is as follows to list installed packages:
- Open the terminal app.
- For remote server log in using the ssh command: ssh user@centos-linux-server-IP-here.
- Show information about all installed packages on CentOS, run: sudo yum list installed.
- To count all installed packages run: sudo yum list installed | wc -l.
How do I see recently installed patches in Linux?
You can refer to the logs to see the recently installed packages. There are a couple of ways to do this. You can either use the dpkg command’s log or the apt command’s log. You’ll have to use grep command to filter the result to list the installed packages only.