How do I remove the built-in Administrator account in Windows 10?
Steps to: Disable Built-in administrator.
- Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
- Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
- Type the following command and hit Enter:
- net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
What happens if I delete administrator account Windows 10?
When you delete admin account on Windows 10, all the files and folders in this account will aslo be removed, so, it’s a good idea to back up all data from the account to another location.
How do I delete a built-in administrator account?
Right-click the Start menu (or press Windows key + X) > Computer Management, then expand Local Users and Groups > Users. Select the Administrator account, right click on it then click Properties. Uncheck Account is disabled, click Apply then OK.
What happens if you delete an administrator account?
However, you need to sign in as an administrator in order to delete an administrator account. When you delete an admin account, all data saved in that account will be deleted. For instance, you will lose your documents, pictures, music and other items on the desktop of the account.
How do I disable the Administrator account in Windows 10?
How to disable the Windows 10 Administrator account through the user management tool
- Return to the Local Users And Groups window, and double-click the Administrator account.
- Check the box for Account Is Disabled.
- Click OK or Apply, and close the User Management window (Figure E).
17 февр. 2020 г.
How do I disable administrator?
Method 1 of 3: Disable Administrator Account
- Click on my computer.
- Click manage.prompt password and click yes.
- Go to local and users.
- Click administrator account.
- Check account is disabled. Advertisement.
How do I remove a user account from Windows 10?
- Press Windows key, click on Settings.
- Click on Account, click on Family and other users.
- Select the user you want to delete under Other users and click on Remove.
- Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.
- Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.
1 апр. 2016 г.
How do I change the administrator on Windows 10?
Follow the steps below to change a user account.
- Press the Windows key + X to open the Power User menu and select Control Panel.
- Click Change account type.
- Click the user account you want to change.
- Click Change the account type.
- Select Standard or Administrator.
30 окт. 2017 г.
Should I use administrator account Windows 10?
No one, even home users, should use administrator accounts for everyday computer use, such as Web surfing, emailing or office work. Instead, those tasks should be carried out by a standard user account. Administrator accounts should be used only to install or modify software and to change system settings.
How do I change my built in administrator account?
Change the properties of the Administrator account by using the Local Users and Groups Microsoft Management Console (MMC).
- Open MMC, and then select Local Users and Groups.
- Right-click the Administrator account, and then select Properties. …
- On the General tab, clear the Account is Disabled check box.
- Close MMC.
How do I delete a built in account?
To delete Windows’s built-in Administrator account, right-click the Administrator name and select Delete. Close Registry Editor and restart your computer. When you open the Local Users and Groups window, you’ll find the built-in Administrator account was deleted successfully.
Can you disable domain administrator account?
Log on with the new administrator account, open the Active Directory Users And Computers console, and select the Users container. Right-click the name of the default administrator account, and click Properties. On the Account tab, select the Account Is Disabled check box under Account Options, and click OK.
How do I remove an account from my laptop?
Delete user accounts in Windows 10
- Open the Settings app.
- Select the Accounts Option.
- Select Family and Other Users.
- Select the user and press Remove.
- Select Delete account and data.
5 сент. 2015 г.
What do I do if my administrator account is disabled?
Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Manage. Expand Local Users and Groups, click Users, right-click Administrator in the right pane, and then click Properties. Click to clear the Account is disabled check box, and then click OK.