In Windows 7, click the Start button and search for the word notification in the Start Menu search box. Then, click “Notification Area Icons”. In Windows 8, go to the Start screen and type notification. Filter the results by Settings and then click or tap “Notification Area Icons”.
How do I see all notifications on my computer?
Press Win + A on the keyboard. The old notifications are gathered in the open window. These notifications can be viewed until you view and clear them.
How do I view Windows notifications?
Windows 10 puts notifications and quick actions in action center—right on the taskbar—where you can get to them instantly. Select action center on the taskbar to open it. (You can also swipe in from the right edge of your screen, or press Windows logo key + A.)
How do I see all notifications?
Scroll down and long-press the “Settings” widget, then place it on your home screen. You’ll get a list of features that the Settings shortcut can access. Tap “Notification Log.” Tap the widget and scroll through your past notifications.
How do I get the system tray icon in Windows 7?
You can also press the Windows Key and B at the same time, then press Enter to reveal the hidden system tray icons.
How do I show hidden icons on Windows 7?
- Select the Start button, then select Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization.
- Select Folder Options, then select the View tab.
- Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select OK.
What are notifications on my computer?
Notifications pop up on your computer screen to tell you about important security updates, messages from friends, or even tweets.
Why won’t my notifications work on Windows 10?
For notifications to work properly on Windows 10, the concerned app should be allowed to run in the background. To verify that, go to Windows 10 Settings > Privacy > Background apps. Enable the toggle next to Let apps run in the background. If it’s on, disable it and turn it on again.
How do I turn on notifications in Chrome?
Allow or block notifications from all sites
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More. Settings.
- Under “Privacy and security,” click Site settings.
- Click Notifications.
- Choose to block or allow notifications: Allow or Block all: Turn on or off Sites can ask to send notifications.
Where is the notification panel on my PC?
The notification area is located at the right end of the taskbar. It contains some icons you might find yourself clicking or pressing pretty often: battery, Wi-Fi, volume, Clock and Calendar, and action center. It provides status and notifications about things like incoming email, updates, and network connectivity.
How do I open Windows Event viewer?
Start Windows Event Viewer through the graphical user interface
- Open Event Viewer by clicking the Start button.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click System and Security.
- Click Administrative Tools.
- Click Event Viewer.
How do I view Windows Defender logs?
To view a Microsoft Defender Antivirus event
- Open Event Viewer.
- In the console tree, expand Applications and Services Logs, then Microsoft, then Windows, then Windows Defender.
- Double-click on Operational.
- In the details pane, view the list of individual events to find your event.
How do I see notifications that disappeared?
In the Settings shortcut menu that appears, scroll down and tap Notification log. A Notification log shortcut will appear on your home screen. Just tap this, and you’ll have access to your notification history and be able to retrieve those missed notifications.
How do I turn my notifications back on?
From a Home screen, do one of the following: Swipe screen then navigate: Settings > Apps & notifications > App info.
Turn App Notifications On / Off – Android
- Tap Show notifications to turn on or off.
- Tap ‘On’ or ‘Off’.
- Tap Allow notifications to turn on or off.
- Tap Block all to turn on or off.
How do I see dismissed notifications?
How to check accidentally cleared notifications on Android phones…
- Step 1: Just long-press anywhere on your home screen, and tap on “Widgets.”
- Step 2: You then need to scroll down and find “Settings” widget. …
- Step 3: Tap the widget and scroll through your recently dismissed notifications.