Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (macOS) as you start Illustrator. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Illustrator.
How do I reset Illustrator to default settings?
Try holding Cmd-Opt-Ctrl-Shift when restarting AI on a Mac or Alt-Crtl-Shift on a PC to reset the preferences to the factory defaults.
Where can you reset your Essentials workspace in Illustrator?
Reset Workspace to default
Step 1: Click on Workspace (1) => Reset Essentials (2) . Step 2: Continue to click on Workspace (1) and move to another Workspace. Then you choose Reset . (2) and reset the rest of the Workspaces.
How do you reset color settings in Illustrator?
AFAIK, the default settings is Emulate Adobe Illustrator 6.0. Go Edit>Color Settings and select it in the dropdown at the top of the dialog. If this does not help, you may try deleting the AIPREFS file (backup the old one just in case) which resets everything to the factory defaults.
How do I clear the cache in Illustrator 2020?
How to Clear the Cache on Illustrator CS5
- Turn off Illustrator or any other Adobe application you have running.
- Go to the folder holding the Adobe cache. You will find it in the following path: …
- Select the “AdobeFnt*. lst” file and delete it. …
- Go to the folder holding the Windows cache. …
- Select the “FNTCACHE.
How do you reset the Character panel?
To revert to the default settings, click on the flyout menu in the Character panel and choose Reset Character.
How do you remove text formatting in Illustrator?
Delete character or paragraph styles
- Select the style name or names in the Character Styles panel or the Paragraph Styles panel.
- Do one of the following: Choose Delete Character Style or Delete Paragraph Style from the panel menu. Click the Delete icon at the bottom of the panel.
How do I reset my character panel in After Effects?
To open the Character and Paragraph panels automatically when a type tool is active, select Auto-Open Panels in the Tools panel. To reset Character panel values to the default values, choose Reset Character from the Character panel menu.
Which is the default built in workspace in Illustrator?
Illustrator provides you ten different workspaces including the Touch workspace. The default workspace is Essentials. The Application frame groups all the workspace elements in a single, integrated window that lets you treat the application as a single unit.
How do you get toolbar back?
You can use one of these to set which toolbars to show.
- “3-bar” menu button > Customize > Show/Hide Toolbars.
- View > Toolbars. You can tap the Alt key or press F10 to show the Menu Bar.
- Right-click empty toolbar area.