How do I change the default install directory?
How to Change Your Default Install/Download Location in Windows 10
- Open Settings. …
- Click on System Settings.
- Find your Storage settings and click “change where new content is saved” …
- Change the default installation location to the drive of your choice. …
- Apply your new installation directory.
How do I change the default download location in Windows 7?
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Create the folder you want to have as your new Downloads folder (i.e. C:Downloads)
- Under This PC, right-click Downloads.
- Click Properties.
- Select the Location Tab.
- Click Move.
- Select the folder you made in Step 2.
How do I change the location of a program in Windows 7?
To change the location of the Program Files folder back to the default location, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type. …
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey: …
- In the details pane, right-click the ProgramFilesDir registry value, and then click Modify.
How do I change the default installation directory in general Windows?
Changing the default installation folder
- Type the “regedit” in start menu and open the first result it shows.
- Go for following keys. “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersion”. …
- Double click on any one of them and see the entries. It is C drive first. …
- Restart the system for changes to take effect.
How do I change the default install location on Android?
Here’s how you change the default download location.
- Go to your phone’s settings.
- Locate the “Storage” option.
- Go to “Preferred Storage Location” or a similar option.
- Select your preferred install location.
Where is my install directory?
In Windows 10/8/7 OS, by default, software gets installed on your System Drive, usually C drive, in the Program Files folder. The typical path is normally in Windows 32-bit is C:Program Files and in Windows 64-bit is C:Program Files and C:Program Files(x86).
Where is the Downloads folder in Windows 7?
‘Downloads’ is the folder where IE or Firefox or Google chrome or any other browser will store the downloaded files from internet. In Windows, Downloads folder is usually located in %userprofile%Downloads. In Windows 7 this is ‘C:usersloginnameDownloads’.
How do I change the default download location for Microsoft teams?
Can i change my download folder in Teams?
- Hit the Magnifying Glass in your Windows Task bar.
- Type File Explorer.
- In the Quick access section right click your Downloads entry.
- Hit Properties.
- Then hit Location and change to other folder in your computer.
- Hit Move…
- and then OK.
How do I change my application path?
To change the application path of a user, expand the Access Control and then Roles folder. Expand the user’s role folder and right-click on user’s ID and click Application Path.
How do I change the location of my apps?
You can choose an external drive, including thumb drives, but if that drive is removed, your apps or files will go to This PC. Click on Start > Settings > System > Storage. Scroll down to More storage settings and click on Change where new content is saved.
Can I install programs on D drive?
YES.. you can installed all your applications to any available drive:pathtoyourapps location you wish, provided you have enough free space AND the Application Installer (setup.exe) allows you to change the default installation path from “C:Program Files” to something else.. like “D:Program Files” for example…
How do I change my default location in Windows 10?
To change the default location for your PC, which Windows, apps, and services can use when a more exact location can’t be detected:
- Go to Start > Settings > Privacy > Location.
- Under Default location, select Set default.
- The Windows Maps app will open. Follow the instructions to change your default location.
How do I change the default download location in Windows 10?
Navigate to the “This PC” and open it. Right-click on the “Downloads” folder and click on the “Properties” option. “Downloads Properties” window will appear on the screen and click on the “Location” tab. Now, click on the “Move” button to change the default download location and click on the “Apply” button to proceed.