Simply connect the drive to your computer’s USB port and install the OS just like you would from a CD or DVD. If the OS you want to install is not available for purchase on a flash drive, you can use a different system to copy a disk image of an installer disc to the flash drive, then install it on your computer.
How do I install Windows on a new computer without a CD drive?
How To Install Windows without a CD/DVD Drive
- Step 1: Install Windows from ISO file on a Bootable USB Storage Device. For starters, to install windows from any USB storage device, you need to create a bootable ISO file of the windows operating system on that device. …
- Step 2: Install Windows Using Your Bootable Device.
Can I install OS without CD drive?
If the system you want to install the OS on doesn’t have a CD-ROM or floppy drive, you can do the installation from a USB flash drive. This requires that you prepare the drive with the OS files first.
What do you do if your computer doesn’t have a CD drive?
So is it possible to play or burn CDs and DVDs if your computer doesn’t have a CD or DVD drive? Yes… But you still need an optical drive. The easiest way to play or burn CD/DVD discs is to buy an external optical drive. Most optical drive peripheral devices connect via USB and are plug-and-play.
How can I install Windows 10 on my laptop without CD drive?
Choose the boot device as a UEFI device if offered, then on second screen choose Install Now, then Custom Install, then at the drive selection screen delete all partitions down to Unallocated Space to get it cleanest, select the Unallocated Space, click Next to let it create and format the needed partitions and start …
Is Microsoft release Windows 11?
Microsoft’s next-gen desktop operating system, Windows 11, is already available in beta preview and will be released officially on October 5th.
How do I install Windows on a new PC?
Step 3 – Install Windows to the new PC
- Connect the USB flash drive to a new PC.
- Turn on the PC and press the key that opens the boot-device selection menu for the computer, such as the Esc/F10/F12 keys. Select the option that boots the PC from the USB flash drive. Windows Setup starts. …
- Remove the USB flash drive.
How do I make a USB stick bootable?
To create a bootable USB flash drive
- Insert a USB flash drive into a running computer.
- Open a Command Prompt window as an administrator.
- Type diskpart .
- In the new command line window that opens, to determine the USB flash drive number or drive letter, at the command prompt, type list disk , and then click ENTER.
How do I install an operating system on a new hard drive?
How to install Windows on a SATA drive
- Insert the Windows disc into the CD-ROM / DVD drive/USB flash drive.
- Power down the computer.
- Mount and connect the Serial ATA hard drive.
- Power up the computer.
- Choose language and region and then to Install Operating System.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
Is Windows 10 an operating system?
Windows 10 is the most recent version of the Microsoft Windows operating system. There have been many different versions of Windows over the years, including Windows 8 (released in 2012), Windows 7 (2009), Windows Vista (2006), and Windows XP (2001).
Why do laptops not have CD drives anymore?
Size is of course the most obvious reason that they’ve essentially disappeared. A CD/DVD drive takes up a lot of physical space. The disc alone requires at least 12cm x 12cm or 4.7″ x 4.7″ of physical space. As laptops are made to be portable devices, space is extremely valuable real estate.
Why do new computers not have CD drives?
Discs Are Dying
Although it might seem like a terrible thing, the fact is discs are slowly becoming obsolete. Optical drives tend to occupy much space, thus making computers bulky, which isn’t attractive anymore. Moreover, discs don’t have the same storage capacity as USB flash drives or external hard drives.