How do I reset my administrator account?
Here’s how to perform a system restore when your admin account is deleted:
- Sign in through your Guest account.
- Lock the computer by pressing Windows key + L on the keyboard.
- Click on the Power button.
- Hold Shift then click Restart.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced Options.
- Click System restore.
How do I reset my Windows administrator password?
If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. On the Users tab, under Users for this computer, select the user account name, and then select Reset Password. Type the new password, confirm the new password, and then select OK.
How do I enable Administrator account?
In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type net user and then press the Enter key. NOTE: You will see both the Administrator and Guest accounts listed. To activate the Administrator account, type the command net user administrator /active:yes and then press the Enter key.
How do I restore my computer to factory settings without admin password?
In the bottom-right corner of the login screen, you’ll see options to change your network settings, access Windows accessibility options, or power down your PC. To begin resetting your PC, hold down the Shift key on your keyboard. With the key held down, press the Restart option under your power menu.
How do I fix continue to admin password?
Windows 10 and Windows 8. x
- Press Win-r . In the dialog box, type compmgmt. msc , and then press Enter .
- Expand Local Users and Groups and select the Users folder.
- Right-click the Administrator account and select Password.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the task.
What do I do if I forgot my administrator password on Windows 10?
How to Reset Administrator Password in Windows 10
- Open the Windows Start menu. …
- Then select Settings. …
- Then click on Accounts.
- Next, click on Your info. …
- Click on Manage my Microsoft Account. …
- Then click More actions. …
- Next, click Edit profile from the drop-down menu.
- Then click change your password.
How do I login as local administrator?
For example, to log on as local administrator, just type . Administrator in the User name box. The dot is an alias that Windows recognizes as the local computer. Note: If you want to log on locally on a domain controller, you need to start your computer in Directory Services Restore Mode (DSRM).
How can I enable administrator account without admin rights?
- Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.
- Select Update & security and click on Recovery.
- Go to Advanced startup and select Restart now.
- After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
Why is my Administrator account disabled?
On the message that states Windows is running in safe mode, click OK. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Manage. Expand Local Users and Groups, click Users, right-click Administrator in the right pane, and then click Properties. Click to clear the Account is disabled check box, and then click OK.