In System Configuration, go to the Boot tab, and check whether the Windows that you want to keep is set as default. To do that, select it and then press “Set as default.” Next, select the Windows that you want to uninstall, click Delete, and then Apply or OK.
How do I delete one of my operating systems?
How-To Remove an OS from Windows Dual Boot Config [Step-by-Step]
- Click Windows Start button and Type msconfig and Press Enter (or click it with mouse)
- Click Boot Tab, Click the OS you want to keep and Click Set as default.
- Click Windows 7 OS and Click Delete. Click OK.
How do I remove a second operating system from my computer?
Follow these steps:
- Click Start.
- Type msconfig in the search box or open Run.
- Go to Boot.
- Select which Windows version you’d like to boot into directly.
- Press Set as Default.
- You can delete the earlier version by selecting it and then clicking Delete.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
How do I get rid of a second installation of a Windows operating system from a partition?
Right-click the partition or drive and then select “Delete Volume” or “Format” from the context menu. Select “Format” if the operating system is installed to the entire hard drive.
How do I uninstall a second operating system without formatting?
How to remove windows OS from another drive without formatting
- Press Windows +R keys.
- Now you need to type msconfig and hit enter.
- Now you should select Windows 10/7/8 and select “Delete”
- You should delete all the Windows directory from your drive (C, D, E)
How do I wipe my second hard drive?
How to wipe a drive in Windows 10
- Step one: Open “This PC” by opening the Windows search, typing “This PC” and pressing Enter.
- Step two: Right click on the drive you want to wipe, and select Format.
- Step three: Choose your format settings and press Start to wipe the drive.
How do I uninstall Windows without losing files?
You can only delete the Windows files or backup your data to another location, reformat the drive and then move your data back to the drive. Or, move all of your data into a seperate folder on the root of the C: drive and just delete everything else.
How do I remove an operating system from a hard drive?
Press the “D” key on your keyboard and then press the “L” key to confirm your decision to delete the operating system. Depending on the amount of data on the hard drive, the deletion process could take up to 30 minutes to complete.
Does dual boot slow down laptop?
Essentially, dual booting will slow down your computer or laptop. While a Linux OS may use the hardware more efficiently overall, as the secondary OS it is at a disadvantage.
Is Microsoft release Windows 11?
Microsoft’s next-gen desktop operating system, Windows 11, is already available in beta preview and will be released officially on October 5th.
How do I remove BIOS boot options?
Deleting boot options from the UEFI Boot Order list
- From the System Utilities screen, select System Configuration > BIOS/Platform Configuration (RBSU) > Boot Options > Advanced UEFI Boot Maintenance > Delete Boot Option and press Enter.
- Select one or more options from the list. …
- Select an option and press Enter.
How do I remove GRUB bootloader?
Type “rmdir /s OSNAME” command, where OSNAME will be replaced by your OSNAME, to delete the GRUB bootloader from your computer. If prompted press Y. 14. Exit the command prompt and restart the computer the GRUB bootloader is not longer available.
How do I remove the boot menu in Windows 10?
Delete Windows 10 Boot Menu Entry with msconfig.exe
- Press Win + R on the keyboard and type msconfig into the Run box.
- In System Configuration, switch to the Boot tab.
- Select an entry you want to delete in the list.
- Click on the Delete button.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Now you can close the System Configuration app.