Is there a way to block apps without deleting them?
You can mark your apps as “inactive” to make them unavailable to field users, without deleting the app or its data.
To make an app inactive, go into the app designer:
- Click on the ADVANCED button on the right.
- Select the Inactive option on the status drop down list.
- Click Save.
Is it OK to disable built in apps Android?
To answer your question, yes, it is safe to disable your apps, and even if it did cause issues with other apps, you can just re-enable them. Uninstalling any updates for those apps before disabling may free up space, though.
Is it better to disable or force stop an app?
If you disable an app it completely shuts that app off. This means that you can’t use that app anymore and it won’t appear in your app drawer so the only way to use is it to enable it again. Force stop, on the other hand, just stops the app from running.
How do I deactivate apps?
In the Settings menu, use the Applications menu. From there, tap “Manage Applications” to see a list of applications on your device. Tap the app you want to deactivate to see the options for that app. All apps have a “Force Close” or “Force Stop” option.
How do I temporarily disable apps on Samsung?
Here’s how to disable apps through a Galaxy’s settings:
- Start the Settings app and tap “Apps.”
- In the list of apps, find the app you want to disable.
- Tap “Disable.”
How do you disable an app?
How to disable Android apps
- Go to Settings > Apps and scroll over to the All tab for a complete list of your apps.
- If you want to disable an app simply tap on it and then tap Disable.
- Once disabled, these apps won’t appear in your primary apps list, so it’s a good way to clean your list up.
Why do my apps keep getting uninstalled?
It’s a feature, not a bug. In fact, your apps aren’t really being “deleted” — they’re being offloaded. The feature is called Offload Unused Apps, and it can be turned off (or back on again) really easily.
Is disable the same as uninstall?
When an app is uninstalled, it is removed from the device. When an app is disabled, it remains on the device but it is not enabled/functioning, and it can be enabled again if one so chooses. Hello Bogdann, Welcome to the Android Community forum.
Does disabling apps free up space?
The only way in which disabling the app will save on storage space is if any updates that have been installed made the app larger. When you go to disable the app any updates will be uninstalled first. Force Stop will do nothing for storage space, but clearing cache and data will…
What apps can I safely delete from my Android?
Here are five apps you should delete immediately.
- Apps that claim to save RAM. Apps running in the background eat up your RAM and use battery life, even if they’re on standby. …
- Clean Master (or any cleaning app) …
- Use ‘Lite’ versions of Social media apps. …
- Difficult to delete manufacturer bloatware. …
- Battery savers. …
- 255 comments.