The Start menu in Windows provides a quick way to perform many common tasks, such as launching programs or using control panels. In Windows 7, Vista, and XP, the Start menu appears when you click the Start button, which is located at one end of the Taskbar, typically at the lower left corner of the desktop.
How do I manage the Start menu in Windows 7?
How to Customize the Windows 7 Start Menu
- Right-click the Start button and choose Properties. You see the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog box.
- On the Start Menu tab, click the Customize button. …
- Select or deselect the features you want to enable or disable. …
- Click the OK button twice when you’re done.
How do I open the startup menu?
To open the Start menu, click the Start button in the lower-left corner of your screen. Or, press the Windows logo key on your keyboard. The Start menu appears. programs on your computer.
How do I enable my startup programs windows 7?
Open the windows startup menu, then type “MSCONFIG”. When you press enter, the system configuration console is opened. Then click the “Startup” tab which will display some programs that can be enabled or disabled for startup.
How do I resize the Start Menu in Windows 7?
Start Menu – Change Height
- Right-click on the Start button and select Properties.
- In the Start Menu tab under Privacy, check the Store and display recently opened programs in the Start menu box.
- Click on the Customize button at the top right corner in the Start Menu tab.
How do I open the boot menu in Windows 10?
I – Hold the Shift key and restart
This is the easiest way to access Windows 10 boot options. All you need to do is hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and restart the PC. Open up the Start menu and click on “Power” button to open power options.
How do I manage startup programs?
In Windows 8 and 10, the Task Manager has a Startup tab to manage which applications run on startup. On most Windows computers, you can access the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc, then clicking the Startup tab.
How do I disable startup programs without msconfig Windows 7?
All you have to do is open up Task Manager by right-clicking on the Taskbar, or using the CTRL + SHIFT + ESC shortcut key, clicking “More Details,” switching to the Startup tab, and then using the Disable button.