To reset your Windows 10 PC, open the Settings app, select Update & security, select Recovery, and click the “Get started” button under Reset this PC. Select “Remove everything.” This will wipe all your files, so be sure you have backups.
How do I completely clean my computer Windows 10?
Disk cleanup in Windows 10
- In the search box on the taskbar, type disk cleanup, and select Disk Cleanup from the list of results.
- Select the drive you want to clean up, and then select OK.
- Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
- Select OK.
How do I completely clean my PC?
- Open Settings.
- Tap System and expand the Advanced drop-down.
- Tap Reset options.
- Tap Erase all data.
- Tap Reset Phone, enter your PIN, and select Erase Everything.
Does Windows 10 have a clean up tool?
Windows 10 has a new, easy-to-use tool for freeing up disk space on your computer. It removes temporary files, system logs, previous Windows installations, and other files you probably don’t need. … It works similarly to the old Disk Cleanup utility, but it’s part of the modern Settings app and is a bit faster to use.
How do I restore my computer to factory settings Windows 10?
To reset your PC
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings. …
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
What is the best cleaner for Windows 10?
List of Best PC Cleaner Software
- Advanced SystemCare.
- Ashampoo® WinOptimizer 19.
- Microsoft Total PC Cleaner.
- Norton Utilities Premium.
- AVG PC TuneUp.
- Razer Cortex.
Is Microsoft release Windows 11?
Microsoft’s next-gen desktop operating system, Windows 11, is already available in beta preview and will be released officially on October 5th.
How do I make my computer like new?
Make your computer faster in 5 simple steps
- Remove the rubbish. …
- Move your photos, music and movies. …
- Uninstall software you don’t use. …
- Defragment your hard drives. …
- Banish Wi-Fi woes.
Will resetting PC remove virus?
The recovery partition is part of the hard drive where your device’s factory settings are stored. In rare cases, this can become infected with malware. Hence, doing a factory reset will not clear the virus.
How do I clean up and speed up my computer?
10 Tips to Make Your Computer Run Faster
- Prevent programs from automatically running when you start up your computer. …
- Delete/uninstall programs you don’t use. …
- Clean up hard disk space. …
- Save old pictures or videos to the cloud or external drive. …
- Run a disk cleanup or repair.
Is CCleaner Windows 10 safe?
Windows has a built-in Disk Cleanup tool, and it works very well. Microsoft has been improving it, and it works even better in the latest versions of Windows 10. … We don’t recommend a CCleaner alternative because Windows can already do a great job at freeing up space.
How long does Disk Cleanup usually take?
It will take about 1 and half hours to finish.
Is there a free program to clean up my computer?
CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your PC. It protects your privacy and makes your computer faster and more secure! Download Free Version Get CCleaner Pro!