How do I change what happens when a device is plugged in?
Pull down notification bar. Click on the USB connection notification.
- Go to Settings > Developer Options.
- Once you enter developer options. Switch to ON.
- Scroll down to Networking. You will find Select USB configuration. Select what you want to do with your USB when connected.
How do I change the default USB action in Windows?
To set a different default action when connecting a USB drive or another storage media, use these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Devices.
- Click on AutoPlay.
- Under the “Choose AutoPlay defaults” section, the Removable drive drop-down menu and select a new default action when connecting a USB drive:
How do I change what should I do with my USB?
If not, you can manually configure the USB connection by following these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose Storage.
- Touch the Action Overflow icon and choose the USB Computer Connection command.
- Choose either Media Device (MTP) or Camera (PTP). Select Media Device (MTP) if it’s not already selected.
How do I change the sound when I plug in a device?
Step 1: Type sound in the search box and choose Sound in the result to open Sound settings. Step 2: In the Sound window, choose Sounds and select Device Connect in program events. Step 3: Click the bar where Windows Hardware Insert is under Sounds, choose an option in the list provided and tap OK.
What happens when USB device is plugged in?
When a USB device is plugged into the system, the USB bus driver is notified. The bus driver sends a standard USB request (USB_DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR) to the device. With this the device reports its name and type. … With this information, Windows creates an device entry in the system.
How do I change what iPhone is plugged into my computer?
- Open AutoPlay by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type autoplay, and then click AutoPlay.
- In the list next to the device or type of media, click the new action you want to use.
How do I change the default file transfer?
With Developer Options enabled, go to the Settings app and tap Developer Options. Scroll down to the Networking section of settings and you will see the ‘Select USB Configuration’ option. Tap it and select the default type that you want to set. Connect your device to your PC and wait.
How do you change what Windows does when a device is plugged in?
Microsoft explains all about autoplay here. Open AutoPlay by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type autoplay, and then click AutoPlay. In the list next to the device or type of media, click the new action you want to use.
Where is the Control Panel on Win 10?
Press Windows+X or right-tap the lower-left corner to open the Quick Access Menu, and then choose Control Panel in it. Way 3: Go to Control Panel through the Settings Panel.
Why is USB drive not showing up?
What do you do when your USB drive is not showing up? This can be caused by several different things such as a damaged or dead USB flash drive, outdated software and drivers, partition issues, wrong file system, and device conflicts.
How do I enable USB preferences?
On the device, go to Settings > About <device>. Tap the Build number seven times to make Settings > Developer options available. Then enable the USB Debugging option.
Where is USB settings on Android?
The easiest way to locate the setting is to open settings and then search for USB (Figure A). Searching for USB in Android settings. Scroll down and tap Default USB Configuration (Figure B).