To permanently disable automatic updates on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open Start.
- Search for gpedit.msc and select the top result to launch the experience.
- Navigate to the following path:
- Double-click the Configure Automatic Updates policy on the right side.
- Check the Disabled option to turn off the policy.
How do I turn off automatic Windows updates?
Click Start > Control Panel > System and Security. Under Windows Update, click the “Turn automatic updating on or off” link. Click the “Change Settings” link on the left. Verify that you have Important Updates set to “Never check for updates (not recommended)” and click OK.
How do I stop Windows 10 from updating in progress?
How to Cancel Windows Update in Windows 10 Professional
- Press Windows key+R, type “gpedit.msc,” then select OK.
- Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update.
- Search for and either either double click or tap an entry called “Configure Automatic Updates.”
Are Windows 10 updates really necessary?
Updates that aren’t security related usually fix problems with or enable new features in, Windows and other Microsoft software. Beginning in Windows 10, updating is required. Yes, you can change this or that setting to put them off a bit, but there’s no way to keep them from installing.
Photo in the article by “SAP”