Why does Windows 10 update take so long? Windows 10 updates take so long to complete because Microsoft is constantly adding larger files and features to them. The biggest updates, released in the spring and fall of every year, usually take upwards of four hours to install.
How long does the Windows 10 update Assistant take?
This part of the update process can take up to 90 minutes to finish. Unfortunately, a clean Windows 10 installation of the latest update is somewhat faster. However, you don’t get to keep all your apps, files, and settings, as you do with the update.
Why does Windows update Assistant take so long?
Why do updates take so long to install? Windows 10 updates take a while to complete because Microsoft is constantly adding larger files and features to them. … In addition to the large files and numerous features included in Windows 10 updates, internet speed can significantly affect installation times.
How much time does Windows update Assistant take?
How long should a Windows update take? Updating Windows usually takes about 20 minutes. It is way faster if you have an SSD.
How do I speed up Windows update assistant?
One of these will speed up your Windows 10 update.
- Why do updates take so long to install? …
- Free up storage space and defragment your hard drive. …
- Run Windows Update Troubleshooter. …
- Disable startup software. …
- Optimize your network. …
- Schedule updates for low-traffic periods.
How do I fix Windows 10 Update Assistant stuck at 99%?
Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant is stuck at 99%
- Open File Explorer, type C:$GetCurrent, and then press Enter.
- Copy and paste the Media folder to the desktop. …
- Restart your PC, open File Explorer, type C:$GetCurrent in the address bar, and then press Enter.
Should I keep Windows 10 Update Assistant?
The Windows 10 Update Assistant enables users to upgrade Windows 10 to the latest builds. Thus, you can update Windows to the latest version with that utility without waiting for an automatic update. However, the Update Assistant is hardly essential as the updates will eventually roll out to you without it.
What happens if I shut down during Windows Update?
Whether intentional or accidental, your PC shutting down or rebooting during updates can corrupt your Windows operating system and you could lose data and cause slowness to your PC. This happens mainly because old files are being changed or replaced by new files during an update.
What to do if Windows Update is taking too long?
Try these fixes
- Run Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Update your drivers.
- Reset Windows Update components.
- Run the DISM tool.
- Run System File Checker.
- Download updates from Microsoft Update Catalog manually.
How do I know if my Windows update is stuck?
Select the Performance tab, and check activity of CPU, Memory, Disk, and Internet connection. In the case that you see a lot of activity, it means that the update process is not stuck. If you can see little to no activity, that means the update process could be stuck, and you need to restart your PC.
Why is my update stuck 99%?
There are several reasons why it might be stuck at 99%. I would try disconnecting from the Internet to see if it progresses. Press Windows key + A then toggle on airplane mode. If that does not work, it might be that you do not have enough local disk space to accommodate the update.
Is it safe to use Windows Update assistant?
It is safe to use Windows Update Assistant to update your version, it will not affect your computer’s working and it is perfectly safe to use it in order to update your system from 1803 to 1809.
Is Microsoft release Windows 11?
Windows 11 is coming out soon, but only a select few devices will get the operating system on release day. After three months of Insider Preview builds, Microsoft is finally launching Windows 11 on October 5, 2021.
What to do if Windows Update assistant is not working?
Here are some steps you can take to fix a stuck Windows Update Assistant.
- Copy the Media Folder From C:$GetCurrent …
- Restart the Windows Update Service. …
- Use the Windows Update Troubleshooter. …
- Disable Third-Party Antivirus and Windows Defender Temporarily. …
- Clear the Update Cache.
How can I speed up my computer after upgrading to Windows 10?
Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10
- 1. Make sure you have the latest updates for Windows and device drivers. …
- Restart your PC and open only the apps you need. …
- Use ReadyBoost to help improve performance. …
- 4. Make sure the system is managing the page file size. …
- Check for low disk space and free up space.
How do I make Windows 10 update faster?
If you want to get the updates as soon as possible, you must change the settings for Microsoft Update and set it to download them faster.
- Click Start and then click “Control Panel.”
- Click the “System and Security” link.
- Click the “Windows Update” link and then click the “Change settings” link in the left pane.