Installing the proper audio driver can fix this no sound issue.
If you’ve done so but still can’t hear any sound, try to modify the speakers properties.
Right-click on the sound icon at the bottom right hand corner in the taskbar and select “Playback Devices”.
How do I get my sound back on Windows 10?
To fix audio issues in Windows 10, just open the Start and enter Device Manager. Open it and from a list of devices, find your sound card, open it and click on the Driver tab. Now, select the Update Driver option.
How do I fix no sound on my computer?
Fix 2: Check the audio settings in your computer
- 1. Make sure your audio device is set as default. 1) Right click the volume icon at the bottom right corner, and click Playback devices.
- Switch the audio format to fix no sound on computer.
Why is the audio on my computer not working?
Ensure that the computer isn’t muted via hardware. Press any external mute buttons, confirm that the speakers are turned on, and turn the volume all the way up. Test by playing a song or using the Sound control panel (click the Sounds tab, select Asterisk, and click Test). If that doesn’t work, check Windows.
Why is there no sound on my PC?
If your computer is having problems playing sound, try using the Playing Audio troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common problems with your volume settings, your sound card or driver, and your speakers or headphones. Under Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audio playback.
How do I restore the sound on my computer?
Update the audio driver using Device Manager as follows:
- Connect to the Internet.
- Click Start , and type device manager into the Start Search field.
- Double-click Sound, video and game controllers.
- Right-click the name of the audio device listed under Sound, video and game controllers.
- Select Update Driver Software.
How do I get sound back on my computer?
Power and Volume
- Verify that your speakers are turned on and properly connected to a power outlet.
- Click “Start” and select “Control Panel.” Choose “Hardware and Sound,” and then click on “Adjust System Volume.”
- Move the “Volume” slider up. Make sure that the volume is not muted.
How do I reset the sound on Windows 10?
Restart the audio driver in Windows 10
- Step 1: Open the Device Manager by right-clicking on the Start button on the taskbar and then clicking Device Manager option.
- Step 2: In the Device Manager, expand Sound, video and game controllers to see your audio driver entry.
- Step 3: Right-click on your audio driver entry and then click Disable device option.
Why is there no sound on my laptop Windows 10?
Go to Device Manager to Fix No Sound Issue. You can go to the Device Manager to uninstall and then install the sound driver. This is mainly because the sound driver you install in the Device Manager can’t work properly. Try Driver Talent in Top method 1 to install the right audio driver for Windows 10.
What to do when your sound isn’t working on your laptop?
The other thing you can try is to reset the sound device in Windows. You can do this by going to Device Manager and then right-clicking on the sound device and choosing Uninstall. Go ahead and restart the computer and Windows will automatically reinstall the sound device. This may fix your problem in some cases.
How do I reset my sound settings on Windows 10?
Select the Start button, type Sound, and then select Sound Control Panel from the list of results. On the Playback tab, right-click (or press and hold) the Default Device, and then select Properties. On the Advanced tab, under Default Format, change the setting, and then retest your audio device.
How do I uninstall audio drivers Windows 10?
How to Completely Remove/Uninstall Drivers on Windows 10
- Windows 10 users often come across the Windows driver removal problem.
- Open Run with Windows shortcut keys Win + R.
- Type into control and hit the Enter key.
- In Control Panel, go to Programs and Features.
- Right-click the driver and select Uninstall.
- Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.
- Select Device Manager.
How do I change my default sound device in Windows 10?
Go to the Sound Control Panel via one of the following ways:
- Navigate to the Control Panel, and click the “Sound” link.
- Run “mmsys.cpl” in your search box or command prompt.
- Right-click on the sound icon in your system tray and select “Playback Devices”
- In the Sound Control Panel, note which device is your system default.
How do I reinstall my audio driver Windows 10?
If updating it doesn’t work, then open your Device Manager, find your sound card again, and right-click on the icon. Select Uninstall. This will remove your driver, but don’t panic. Restart your computer, and Windows will try to reinstall the driver.
Why won’t sound come out of my computer speakers?
If the issue is not software related, it is likely a hardware issue. Like any other hardware component in a computer, the device producing sound can fail. Make sure the computer sound card works properly by connecting another pair of speakers or headphones to the computer.
How do I get sound back on my laptop?
Check your computer settings if neither of the above options work. Right-click the volume icon on your computer screen, and select “Adjust Audio Properties.” Click “Advanced” from the Speaker Settings box at the bottom of the pop-up screen. Then choose “Laptop Speakers.”
How do I restore volume on my laptop?
In Control Panel, there are settings for default playback devices that you might need to adjust.
- Open Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound. Figure : Control Panel.
- Click Sound.
- Right-click the default playback device and then click Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Clear the check boxes in the Exclusive Mode section.
How do I fix my audio service on Windows 10?
Best fixes for Audio services not responding Windows 10
- Alas, you cannot hear any sound on your Windows 10 suddenly.
- 1) Right-click on the Start button to select Device Manager.
- 2) Double-click Sound, video and game controllers, then right-click on your audio driver to select Uninstall device.
- 3) Click Uninstall.
How do I improve the sound quality on my laptop Windows 10?
To adjust the sound effects, press Win + I (this is going to open Settings) and go to “Personalization -> Themes -> Sounds.” For faster access, you can also right-click on the speaker icon and choose Sounds. Under Sound Scheme click on the dropdown menu and choose between “Windows Default” or “No Sounds.”
How do I reinstall Realtek High Definition Audio?
Click on Start button and navigate to Device Manager. Expand Sound, video and game controllers from the list in Device Manager. Under this, locate the audio driver Realtek High Definition Audio. Right-click on it and select on Uninstall device from the drop-down menu.
How do I enable headphones on Windows 10?
To do this, we run through similar steps carried out for the headphones.
- Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar.
- Select Open sound settings.
- Choose Sound control panel on the right.
- Select the Recording tab.
- Choose the microphone.
- Hit Set as default.
- Open the Properties window.
- Select the Levels tab.
Why is my sound not working on my HP laptop?
HP laptop sound not working issue can be caused by the driver corruption, so you can uninstall the existed sound driver in your laptop and reinstall a new driver for your sound device. 2) Double click Sound, video and game controllers to expand it. After that, check the sound to see if it works.
How do I fix audio service is not responding?
A simple restart might reboot its configurations and solve the issue at hand.
- Press Windows + R, type “services.msc”, and press Enter.
- Once in services, navigate through all the entries until you find “Windows Audio”. Right-click on it and select “Restart”.
Photo in the article by “Mount Pleasant Granary”