to do this, go to your main settings page then go to apps. find the messages app and click on it. find the permissions bit, click on that then tick the “storage” tick box. you should now be able to set your notification to the desired tone and it will stick.
Why can’t I change my notification Sound on my Samsung?
Alternatively, you can swipe from the bottom of the screen up when you’re on the homepage to open the app drawer. From there, you can choose Settings (gear icon). Select Sounds and vibration from the Settings menu. Tap the Notifications sounds option to select from a list of available tones.
Why is my notification ringtone not working?
Make sure the Notifications are set to Normal. Go to Settings > Sound & Notification > App Notifications. … Select the app, and make sure that Notifications are turned on and set to Normal.
Why is my ringtone not changing?
Check Ringtone Volume
To check and increase the ring volume, go to Settings > Sound. Increase the Ring volume. Note: If silent mode is enabled, increasing ring volume will not have any effect. So turn that off first.
Why can’t I change my text message Sound?
From the Home screen, tap the app slider, then open the “Messaging“ app. From the main list of message threads, tap “Menu” then choose “Settings“. … Select “Sound“, then choose the tone for text messages or choose “None“. You may also select “Vibrate” to turn vibration on or off.
How do I change different notification sounds for different Apps Samsung?
How to Add Custom Notification Sounds
- Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Notifications.
- Scroll down and tap Advanced > Default notification sound.
- Tap My Sounds.
- Tap + (plus sign).
- Find and select your custom sound.
- Your new ringtone should appear in the list of available ringtones in the My Sounds menu.
How do I add more notification sounds to my android?
Tap Default notification sound. Select the custom notification sound you added to the Notifications folder. Tap Save or OK.
How do I fix the notification sound on my Android?
- Open the “Messages” App.
- Tap the three dots in the upper right to open the menu, then select Settings.
- Tap the Notifications menu option.
- Tap the Incoming messages menu option.
- Make sure the setting on this page is set to “Alerting” and not “Silent”. …
- In advanced sub menu, look for the Sound option.
Why does my Samsung phone keep making notification sounds?
Your phone or tablet may make sudden notification sounds if you have unread or snoozed notifications. You may also be receiving unwanted notifications or repeating notifications, such as emergency alerts.
Why am I not getting my notifications?
So make sure you haven’t accidentally hit any buttons to shut off that feature while browsing the app’s settings. If you don’t find the relevant settings in the app, make sure to check Android’s notification settings for the app under Settings > Apps & Notifications > [App name] > Notifications.
How do I get my ringtone back on?
On Android Oreo, tap “See all apps” followed by three dots present at top right corner and then select “Show system”. Then tap “Android System”. Under Android System settings, tap “Open by default” and hit “Clear defaults” button if available. Go back and set the notification or ringtone of your choice.
How do I reset my default ringtone on android?
A. Current Default is set to Media Storage or Custom Ringtones
- In the top menu, select Show System to display System Apps.
- Scroll down and select Media Storage.
- In the Media Storage settings scroll down and under Open by default it should read Some defaults set.
- Select this option then tap on the CLEAR DEFAULTS button.
How do I allow permission to change my ringtone?
Give the right permissions
Get there by going to Settings > App Permissions > Storage. Then toggle on the setting for contacts. Toggle on the permission in Contacts. This will allow you to pick a ringtone from outside the default list because you’ll be able to access your internal storage.
How do I change the text message Sound on my Android?
How to set custom text tones on Google Messages
- Tap the Conversation you wish to set a custom notification for.
- Tap the three-dot menu icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap Details.
- Tap Notifications.
- Tap Sound.
- Tap your desired tone.
How do I change my text message settings?
Text Message Notification Settings – Android™
- From the messaging app, tap the Menu icon.
- Tap ‘Settings’ or ‘Messaging’ settings.
- If applicable, tap ‘Notifications’ or ‘Notification settings’.
- Configure the following received notification options as preferred: …
- Configure the following ringtone options:
Why are my incoming texts silent?
Check Do Not Disturb Settings
If you see a half-crescent icon or a bell or circle icon with a bar over it, that means DND is enabled. To disable it, open Settings on your phone and go to Sound or Notifications. Disable the toggle next to Do not disturb. Sometimes, the scheduled mode of DND is enabled.