If you use Windows 10, open the Settings app, and go to Ease of Access. In the column on the left, go to Audio, and then on the right, see the section that says: “Make your device easier to hear.” There, move the “Change device volume” slider left or right, depending on whether you want the volume down or up.
Where is the volume button on Windows 10?
how do I locate the volume control icon on windows 10
- Press Win key + i to open the settings.
- Open the Personalization menu, then Taskbar on the left.
- Scroll down a bit and you’ll find an area marked Notification Area. In there click to Turn system icons on/off.
- A big list opens and here you can turn volume ON.
Where is the volume control on my PC?
Click the Volume button (which looks like a little gray speaker) in the notification area on the right side of the taskbar. To adjust the volume, use the slider on the Volume pop-up that appears, or click the Mute Speakers button to turn off sounds temporarily.
Why can’t I adjust my volume on Windows 10?
In the Services list, find Windows Audio, right-click on it, and go to Properties. Make sure to change the Startup Type to Automatic. Click on the Stop button, and once it has stopped, Start it again. Restart your computer, and check if you will be able to access the volume icon on the taskbar.
How do I open volume control?
To open the Volume Mixer, just right-click the speaker icon on your system tray and select “Open Volume Mixer.” When you first open it, Volume Mixer will likely just show two volume sliders: Device (which controls the master volume) and System Sounds.
How do I turn up the volume?
Turn your volume up or down
- Press a volume button.
- At the right, tap Settings: or . If you don’t see Settings, go to the steps for older Android versions.
- Slide the volume levels to where you want them: Media volume: Music, videos, games, other media. Call volume: Volume of the other person during a call.
How do I turn up the volume on my computer?
Look for physical volume controls for your speakers. Turn volume knobs clockwise to increase volume, or press the “+” button to increase volume. Most desktop speakers have a volume control on the right-front speaker. Some laptops have volume buttons on the side.
How do I control the volume on my keyboard?
If you prefer a volume up and down keyboard shortcut to get to this center, you can press the Windows key + A in Windows 10 or Windows key + B in Windows 7. You can also get there by clicking on the appropriate icon on the right end of the taskbar.
How can I turn up the volume on my laptop?
How Do You Turn Up the Volume on a Laptop?
- Turn on your laptop.
- Double-click on the Volume icon represented by a speaker at the bottom-right of your system tray.
- Increase the volume coming out of your laptop’s speakers by moving the “Volume Control” lever up.
Why doesn’t my volume button work on my laptop?
If the volume controls on your keyboard stops working, check the Human Interface Device Access service on your computer to make sure it is set to Automatic. … Right-click Human Interface Device Access and select Properties. On the General tab, in the Startup type, select Automatic, and then click OK.
How do you fix the volume control on your computer?
Check the volume.
- Click the Windows Start menu.
- Type “Control Panel”.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound.
- Click Adjust System Volume.
- Click the speaker icon to unmute any muted sounds (It will have a red circle with a line next to it).
- Click and drag to raise the slider bar below all system sounds.
Why can’t I turn up the volume on my computer?
Ensure that the computer isn’t muted via hardware, such as a dedicated mute button on you laptop or keyboard. Test by playing a song. Right-click the volume icon and click Open Volume Mixer. Ensure that all options are on and turned up.
Why can’t I turn up my volume?
For some Android phones, you may not be able to increase or decrease the volume during setup by using the physical volume buttons, but you can adjust this in the Sounds section of your settings app. … Tap Sounds. Tap Volumes. Drag all sliders to the right.