Windows Modules Installer Worker(TiWorker.exe) is a Windows Update Service that looks for new updates and installs it to your computer.
In other words, when your computer’s system is checking for Windows update or installing any update, this process will be running automatically.
How do I stop Windows module installer?
Follow steps bellow:
- Go to Task Manager -> Services.
- In the bottom click on Open Services button.
- Find Windows Modules Installer Worker in the list, right click on it and go to its Properties.
- In field Startup type choose Disabled. Now click OK.
What is a Windows module installer worker?
Windows Modules Installer Worker Causes High CPU Usage. The Windows Modules Installer Worker (WMIW) service might cause high CPU usage on your computer. This process is part of Windows and enables installation, modification, and removal of Windows updates and optional components.
How do I stop the Windows 10 module installer?
Windows Modules Installer Worker what is it?
- Press [Windows] + [R] and type services.msc.
- Look for the “Windows module installer” and open the Settings.
- Switch the start type to manual.
- Open the Control Panel and click on Windows Update.
- On the left side you can see the option Change Settings.
- Reboot your computer.
Should Windows module installer be running?
Windows Modules Installer Worker high CPU usage error. It checks for and installs Windows updates. As a result, your computer can become unresponsive and slow. You can use the End Task feature under the Microsoft Windows Task to close running programs, but this may not solve the problem.
Is Windows modules installer worker necessary?
Windows Modules Installer Worker is a tool built into Windows OS to check for updates. Your operating system updates itself and fixes bugs using this tool. To do its job, Windows Modules Installer Worker high disk usage process runs in the background.
Do I need Windows Modules Installer worker?
Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU or High Disk Usage. 2] The usage may also go high if Windows Update is running – so give it some time. If it is not running then run Windows Updates and see if any are available and install them. 3] You might want to also scan your computer for malware.
How do I fix windows modules installer?
How to fix Windows Modules Installer Service issues
- Make sure that the service is running. Go to Start > type services.msc > locate the service > right-click on it > go to Properties.
- Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Scan your system for malware, viruses and the like.
- Run SFC scan.
How do I stop the windows modules installer TrustedInstaller service?
- Service name: TrustedInstaller.
- Locate Windows Modules Installer observe his current status and open to make changes.
- From General tab you can Start/Stop and change the Windows Modules Installer.
- Type regedit and press Enter.
- Please navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TrustedInstaller.
Why is my disk running at 100?
So as you can see if it is now 100% and is slowing our computer down. Type task manager in the Windows search bar and select Task Manager: In the Processes tab, look at the “disk” process to see what is causing your hard disk 100% usage.
Is 100 disk usage bad?
Your disk working at or near 100 percent causes your computer to slow down and become laggy and unresponsive. As a result, your PC cannot perform its tasks properly. Thus, if you see the ‘100 percent disk usage’ notification, you should find the culprit causing the issue and take immediate action.
Why is my Windows Installer not working?
In the Run prompt, type MSIExec, and then press Enter. You can also run services.msc to open Windows Services and go to Windows Installer, and restart it. Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This usually happens if the Windows Installer Engine is corrupted, installed incorrectly, or disabled.
What does an installer do?
An installation program or installer is a computer program that installs files, such as applications, drivers, or other software, onto a computer. The differences between a package management system and an installer are: This box: view.
How do I start Windows Installer?
To start the Windows Installer Service, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then type CMD in the Search programs and files dialog box.
- Right-click cmd.exe, and then click Run as Administrator.
- Type net start MSIServer, and then press ENTER.
- Restart the installation process for the program that you want to install.
Does TiWorker need EXE?
TiWorker.exe, also known as Windows Module Installer Worker, is a system process related to Windows Update. That is because Windows 10 will automatically download and install updates regularly using Windows Update. Therefore occasional slowdowns by TiWorker.exe should be considered normal.
Can I end antimalware service executable?
However, you should be able to fix that using one of our solutions. Antimalware Service Executable can’t end task – If you can’t end this task on your PC, you’ll have to disable or delete Windows Defender from your PC to solve the problem.
What is Windows Installer in Task Manager?
If you hear your computer’s fans spin up and feel it getting hotter for no apparent reason, check the Task Manager and you might see “Windows Modules Installer Worker” using a lot of CPU and disk resources. This process, also known as TiWorker.exe, is a part of the Windows operating system.
How do I update Windows Installer?
Method 3: Check your version of Windows Installer, and upgrade to the latest version if necessary
- Click Start.
- At the command prompt, type MSIExec, and then press Enter.
- If the installer is not version 4.5, download and install Windows Installer 4.5.
- Try to install or to uninstall again.
What is TiWorker process?
TiWorker.exe or also known as WMI Worker (Windows Module Installer Worker) – is the process of Windows Update service. It’s a required process in Windows and will start when booting up. Typically, the TiWorker.exe will run in the background of Windows when checking for new updates.
Why is disk usage so high?
Everything that can’t be fit into memory is paged to the hard disk. So basically Windows will use your hard disk as a temporary memory device. If you have a lot of data that has to be written to disk, it will cause your disk usage to spike and your computer to slow down.
How can I increase disk space?
How to increase your storage space on a PC
- Delete programs you never use. On Windows® 10 and Windows® 8, right-click the Start button (or press Windows key+X), select Control Panel, then under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- Back up rarely used data on an external hard drive.
- Run the Disk Cleanup utility.
Why does system use so much disk?
This technology allows Windows OS to manage random memory so that your apps can perform efficiently. It copies all your commonly used files to RAM. This allows programs to boot faster. However, if your system doesn’t have the latest hardware, Service Host Superfetch can easily cause high disk usage.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”