Will Galaxy S8 get Android 11?
This is exactly what happened with Samsung’s 2017 flagships. … If you own an Exynos Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8 Plus, or Galaxy Note 8 and have been itching to try out a closer-to-stock version of Android 11, well, you now can.
How can I update my Galaxy S8 to Android 9?
Update software – Samsung Galaxy S8
- Before you start. This guide will show you how to update your Galaxy to the latest software version. …
- Swipe up.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll to and select Software update.
- Select Download and install.
- Wait for the search to finish.
- If your phone is up to date, you will see the following screen.
Is the Samsung Galaxy S8 still supported?
Four years later, it’s still a great-looking phone, but it’s sadly reached the end of the line when it comes to updates — Samsung has ended software support for both the S8 and S8+, as well as moving other older devices to a less regular update cycle, and adding new phones to the schedule.
How do I upgrade to Android 11?
To sign up for the update, head to Settings > Software update and then tap the settings icon that shows up. Then tap on the “Apply for Beta Version” option followed by “Update Beta Version” and follow on-screen instructions — you can learn even more here.
How do I update my Galaxy S8 to Android 10?
Steps to install Android 10 on Galaxy S8/S8+ and Note 8
- Download the appropriate Lineage OS 17 zip package according to your device from the links above.
- Move the zip package to your smartphone internal memory.
- Reboot your phone to the recovery mode.
- Once in recovery mode, backup all your data using the Backup option.
Is Android 9 still supported?
Google generally supports the two previous versions of Android along with the current version. … Android 12 was released in beta in mid-May 2021, and Google plans to officially retire Android 9 in the fall of 2021.