Windows Essentials (formerly Windows Live Essentials and Windows Live Installer) is a discontinued suite of Microsoft freeware applications that includes email, instant messaging, photo sharing, blogging, and parental control software.
Is Windows Live still active?
Gmail and other service providers still support DeltaSync, so users can still use Windows Live Mail with non-Microsoft email accounts. Windows Essentials 2012, including Windows Live Mail 2012, reached end of support on 10 January 2017, and is no longer available for download from Microsoft.
Can I uninstall Windows Live?
In the Currently installed programs list, click Windows Live Essentials, and then click Uninstall. Select the programs that you want to uninstall, and then click Uninstall. Note To completely remove Windows Live Essentials, select all the Windows Live programs.
What is Windows Live in Windows 10?
How to Install Windows Live Mail on Windows 10. Windows Live Mail comes as a part of Windows Essentials, a package of Microsoft’s programs that debuted in Windows 7. It consists of Photo Gallery, Movie Maker, Windows Live Writer, OneDrive, and of course Windows Live Mail.
Is it OK to uninstall Windows Live Essentials?
When you choose Essentials you will have the option to uninstall them. Windows Live Essentials is an add-on with extra features like Live Movie Maker, Live Messenger and Live Mail. If you uninstall it, it won’t affect Windows. you can just as easily reinstall it at a later date.
Is Windows Live Mail going away?
Windows Live Mail 2012 will not stop working, and you can still use it to download emails from any standard email service. However, Microsoft is moving all its own email services – Office 365, Hotmail, Live Mail, MSN Mail, Outlook.com etc – to a single codebase at Outlook.com.
Do Games for Windows Live still work?
The Games for Windows Live service itself will remain operational, and purchased games will be unaffected by the closure. Microsoft notes that Games for Windows Live users will still be able to access previously-purchased content via the GFWL client.
How do I completely remove Windows Live Mail?
- Open the Start menu.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Locate the “Windows Live Essentials” program.
- Click Windows Live Essentials.
- Click Uninstall/Change.
- Click Remove one or more Windows Live programs.
- Click the “Mail” checkbox.
How do I delete a Windows Live account?
To remove an email account:
- Select the Start button, and then select Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts .
- Under Accounts used by email, calendar, and contacts, select the account you want to remove, and then select Manage.
- Select Delete account from this device.
- Select Delete to confirm.
How do I uninstall and reinstall Windows?
- Press the Windows key plus the “C” key to open the Charms menu.
- Select the Search option and type reinstall in the Search text field (do not press Enter).
- Select the Settings option.
- On the left side of the screen, select Remove everything and reinstall Windows.
- On the “Reset your PC” screen, click Next.
What is Windows Live Mail in Windows 10?
Windows 10 ships with a modern or universal mail client called Mail. The Mail app in Windows 10 is one of the best free email clients out there for Windows operating system and it supports not just Microsoft account but also allows you add email accounts from other webmail services like Gmail and Yahoo Mail.
What is the mail program in Windows 10?
What is the best alternative to Windows Live Mail?
The best free alternative to Windows Live Mail 2019
- eM Client.
- Mailbird Lite.
- Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Claws Mail.
How do I disable Windows Live in Windows 10?
How to fully disable Windows 10 live tiles
- Open the Start menu.
- Type gpedit.msc and hit enter.
- Navigate to Local Computer Policy > User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar > Notifications.
- Double-click the Turn off tile notifications entry on the right and select enabled in the window that opens.
- Click OK and close the editor.
How do I uninstall Windows Live Mail in Windows 10?
To uninstall Windows Live Mail,
- Open Programs and Features by right-clicking on Start button and then select Programs and Features.
- In the Uninstall or change program list, click Windows Live Essentials, and then click Uninstall/Change.
- Click Remove one or more Windows Live programs.
What programs can you remove from your computer?
To uninstall programs from your computer: On the Start menu, click Control Panel. In the Control Panel, click Add or Remove Programs. In the Add or Remove dialog box, you will see a list of all the programs on your computer.
Is Windows Live Mail Safe?
Windows Live Mail is a big security risk. My Opinion of Using WLM is a big security risk for personal information, worms & viruses, and possible intrusion to your PC. There has been no support for it for almost 3 years. You should use your browser to access email or use Windows 10 Mail App.
Is there a replacement for Windows Live Mail?
Mailbird – The Best Windows Live Mail Alternative. Windows Live Mail users needn’t look far for a Windows Live Mail replacement as Mailbird is the ideal software for them to switch to.
How do I fix Windows Live Mail?
Follow these steps to repair the Windows Live Mail installation:
- In the Windows Search bar type Control and open Control Panel.
- From the Category view, select Uninstall a program.
- Double-click on Windows Essentials 2012.
- Click on the Repair all Windows Essential programs and wait for the procedure to end.
How do I get Games for Windows Live on Windows 10?
- 1) Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a program.
- 2) Click on “Microsoft Games for Windows – LIVE Redistributable” and choose “uninstall”
- 3) Download and install this : official latest “GFWL & marketplace client”[www.xbox.com]
- 4) Try to launch the game, if it works, well, just play your game, if not, read Part II.
What is Microsoft Games for Windows Live?
Games for Windows – Live or GFWL (trademarked as Games for Windows – LIVE) was an online gaming service used by Games for Windows–branded PC titles that enables Windows PCs to connect to Microsoft’s Live service.
What is my Windows Live ID?
A Windows Live ID is your e-mail address and a password that you choose. After you’ve signed up for a Windows Live ID, you can use it on Windows Live sites like Windows Live Hotmail, Windows Live Messenger, Office Live, Xbox Live, and more.
Will Windows 10 be free again?
All the Ways You Can Still Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free. Windows 10’s free upgrade offer is over, according to Microsoft. But this isn’t completely true. There are a bunch of ways you can still upgrade to Windows 10 for free and get a legitimate license, or just install Windows 10 and use it for free.
How do I completely remove Windows 10?
How to uninstall Windows 10 using the full backup option
- Right-click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Click System and Security.
- Click Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
- On the left pane, click Create a system repair disc.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create the repair disc.
Can I reinstall Windows 10 for free?
With the end of the free upgrade offer, the Get Windows 10 app is no longer available, and you cannot upgrade from an older Windows version using Windows Update. The good news is that you can still upgrade to Windows 10 on a device that has a license for Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
Can I reinstall Windows Live Mail?
How do You Reinstall Windows Live Mail? If by mistake you have uninstall your windows live mail but you want to reinstall it back to your PC or Laptop. Click Start then All Programs, Recovery Manager, and then Recovery Manager again. Click Software Program Reinstallation, Under I need help immediately.
How do I repair Windows Live?
Please follow the steps below on how to repair Windows Live Mail:
- Go to Control Panel.
- Under Programs, click Uninstall a Program.
- Locate Windows Live Essential then click Uninstall/Change.
- When a window appears, select Repair all Windows Live programs.
- Restart your computer after the repair.
How do I setup Windows Live Mail?
Setting Up Windows Live Mail
- Select Accounts and thenE-mail.
- Enter your e-mail address and password. Check Manually configure server settings. Click on Next.
- Choose the server type IMAP and enter the server address imap.mail.com and the port 993 . Check Requires a secure connection.
- Click on Next and then on Finish.
How do I create a Windows Live ID?
Create a Windows Live ID.
- On the homescreen, open the menu.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap email + accounts.
- Tap add an account.
- Tap Windows Live.
- If you have a gamertag or Zune Pass, tap the the back button and sign in using that account first. If not, tap next.
- Enter your email address and password, tap sign in. Your Windows Live ID is now ready to use.
How do you get a Live ID?
To use these services you need to sign up for a Windows Live Id. If you use Hotmail, Messenger or Xbox LIVE, you already have a Windows Live ID.
Sign Up for a Windows Live Id
- Go to the Create your Windows Live ID page. The page you are taken to has a form to fill out.
- Fill in the form fields:
- Verify your email.
What is Microsoft Live used for?
A Microsoft account is what you use to access many Microsoft devices and services. It’s the account that you use to sign in to Skype, Outlook.com, OneDrive, Windows Phone, and Xbox LIVE – and it means your files, photos, contacts and settings can follow you securely to any device.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”