Simply press Windows logo key + X on your keyboard to open the Quick Access menu and click Command Prompt (Admin). To reset your forgotten password, type the following command and press Enter. Replace account_name and new_password with your username and desired password respectively.
How do I log into Windows 10 if I forgot my password?
Reset your Windows 10 local account password
- Select the Reset password link on the sign-in screen. If you use a PIN instead, see PIN sign-in issues. If you’re using a work device that’s on a network, you may not see an option to reset your password or PIN. …
- Answer your security questions.
- Enter a new password.
- Sign in as usual with the new password.
How do I reset my Windows 10 password without a Microsoft account?
Windows 10 Forgot Login Password Reset without Disk or Microsoft account
- Step 6: If goes well, you will go to the Windows Setup screen, press “Shift + F10” on the keyboard.
- (D is my system drive, replace it with yours.)
- Take out the installation disk, and then restart computer with the command: wpeutil reboot.
How do you get on your laptop if you forgot your password?
Reset your password
On the Users tab, under Users for this computer, select the user account name, and then select Reset Password. Type the new password, confirm the new password, and then select OK.
How do I bypass Windows login?
How to Bypass Windows 10, 8 or 7 Password Login Screen
- Press the Windows key + R to bring up the Run box. …
- In the User Accounts dialog that appears, select the account you wish to use to log in automatically, and then uncheck the box marked Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
How do I bypass Microsoft account in Windows 10?
If you’d prefer not to have a Microsoft account associated with your device, you can remove it. Finish going through Windows setup, then select the Start button and go to Settings > Accounts > Your info and select Sign in with a local account instead.
How do I unlock my HP computer if I forgot my password?
Reset your computer when all other options fail
- On the sign-in screen, press and hold the Shift key, click the power icon, select Restart, and continue pressing the Shift key until the Choose an option screen displays.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Reset this PC, and then click Remove everything.
Can you unlock a laptop?
The most common method of unlocking a laptop is to boot up in Safe Mode by pressing F8 when the BIOS screen appears and log onto the built-in administrator account. … No matter what situation you are in, you can always unlock/reset the forgotten password on your laptop by following the instructions below.
How do you reset a laptop without the password?
Way 2. Directly Factory Reset Windows 7 Laptop without Admin Password
- Reboot your laptop or PC. …
- Select the Repair your Computer option and press Enter. …
- The System Recovery Options window will popup, click System Restore, it will check the data in your Restore Partition and factory reset laptop without password.
How do I bypass Windows 10 password from command prompt?
Type: net user and press Enter. Type: net user [username] [new password] and press Enter. 9. Close the Command Prompt window and now you can login Windows 10 with the new password.
How do I access command prompt without logging in?
Wait until Windows 10 boots up, press a key, and then click the Accessibility options A command prompt should open on the login screen. At this point, you have full access to your Windows 10 installation without having signed in. You could also reset the password of any account.