Step 1: Click Windows + R key combination to open the Run dialog box. Step 2: Enter netsh winsock reset and click on Ok to run the command. Step 3: Restart your PC, and the cross mark on the WiFi icon must be gone.
How do I restore my network icon in Windows 7?
- Right-click the taskbar and select Properties.
- Select the Taskbar tab –> Customize under the Notification area.
- Click Turn system icons on or off.
- Select On from the Behaviors drop-down of the Network icon. Click OK to exit.
What is the network icon in Windows 7?
This is simple network icon explanation in Windows 7 article, and this icon is useful to give you visual indication of network connection status of your computer that you use to connect to wireless network, wired Ethernet network, dialup or other network connections.
How do I fix network problems in Windows 7?
Using the Windows 7 Network and Internet Troubleshooter
- Click Start , and then type network and sharing in the Search box. …
- Click Troubleshoot problems. …
- Click Internet Connections to test the Internet connection. …
- Follow the instructions to check for problems.
- If the problem is resolved, you are done.
Why is the wifi icon not showing on my computer?
If the Wi-Fi icon is not showing on your laptop, chances are that the wireless radio is disabled on your device. You can enable it back again by turning on the hard or soft button for the wireless radio. Refer to your PC manual to locate such a button. Also, you can turn on the wireless radio through the BIOS setup.
Why has my network icon disappeared?
This can be caused by several reasons: it’s either the network connection status icon is missing, the network service isn’t running, or an issue from Windows Explorer. In most cases, the missing icon can be brought back by enabling it in the notification tray settings.
What does the wireless connection icon look like?
Nothing says ‘wireless’ quite like this ubiquitous icon: three curved lines sitting atop a little point. An illusion of movement arises from the increasing size of the curves and the space between them. It looks almost like a wireless transmission were being sent out into space.
How do I enable icons in Windows 7?
If you are running Windows 7, follow these additional steps:
- Click Start , type Customize icons and then click Customize icons on the task bar.
- Click Turn system icons on or off, and then set Volume, Network, and Power System to On.
Where is the wifi icon on my computer?
If it’s not hidden, let’s turn it on from the Settings:
- Press the Windows + I keys from the keyboard to launch Settings.
- Click System, then Notifications & actions from the left pane.
- Click the Turn system icons on or off under Quick actions.
- Locate the Network option, and make sure that it is enabled or turned ON.
How do I enable wireless on Windows 7?
- Go to the Start Menu and select Control Panel.
- Click the Network and Internet category and then select Networking and Sharing Center.
- From the options on the left-hand side, select Change adapter settings.
- Right-click on the icon for Wireless Connection and click enable.
Why is my wired Internet not working?
If you’ve got working Wi-Fi but your wired ethernet connection is not working, the first thing to do is turn off the Wi-Fi. … If Wi-Fi is disabled and you’re still not getting a network connection, make sure that ethernet is enabled in the same Network and Internet Settings section. Find the right network.
How do I fix unable to connect to network?
Restart your device.
- Restart your device. It might sound simple, but sometimes that’s all it takes to fix a bad connection.
- If restarting doesn’t work, switch between Wi-Fi and mobile data: Open your Settings app “Wireless & networks” or “Connections”. …
- Try the troubleshooting steps below.
How do I reinstall my network adapter windows 7?
How to Manually Install Adapters on Windows 7
- Insert the adapter onto your computer.
- Right click Computer, and then click Manage.
- Open Device Manager.
- Click Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Highlight Show All Devices and click Next.
- Click Have Disk.