Click Windows menu and go to “Settings” > “Update & Security” > “Reset this PC” > “Get started” > “Remove everything” > “Remove files and clean the drive”, and then follow the wizard to finish the process.
How do I wipe my computer clean and start over Windows 7?
Select the Recovery option in the left navigation pane. Click the Get Started button in the “Reset this PC” section. Choose either the Keep my files or Remove everything option, depending on if you want to preserve your files or delete everything and start over. Follow the prompts to begin the recovery process.
How do I delete everything off my computer without resetting it?
How to Clean Up Your Computer to Its Original State (Without Reinstalling Windows)
- Use Windows 10’s “Keep My Files” Feature. …
- Use Windows Restore Points to Revert to a Past State. …
- Uninstall Unwanted Programs and Bloatware. …
- Clean Up The Windows Registry. …
- Disable Resource-Heavy Startup Programs.
How do I wipe my hard drive without reinstalling Windows?
Windows 8- choose “Settings” from the Charm Bar> Change PC Settings> General> choose the “Get Started” option under “Remove Everything and Reinstall Windows”> Next> select which drives you want to wipe> choose whether you want to remove your files or fully clean the drive> Reset.
How do I wipe my Windows 7 computer clean?
1. Click Start, then choose “Control Panel.” Click “System and Security,” then choose “Restore Your Computer to an Earlier Time” in the Action Center section. 2. Click “Advanced Recovery Methods,” then choose “Return Your Computer to Factory Condition.”
How do I perform a factory Reset on Windows 7?
The steps are:
- Start the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At Advanced Boot Options, choose Repair Your Computer.
- Press Enter.
- Select a keyboard language and click Next.
- If prompted, login with an administrative account.
- At the System Recovery Options, choose System Restore or Startup Repair (if this is available)
How do I wipe my computer before recycling?
Simply go to the Start Menu and click on Settings. Navigate to Update & Security, and look for the recovery menu. From there you just select Reset this PC and follow the instructions from there. It may ask you to erase data either “quickly” or “thoroughly” — we suggest taking the time to do the latter.
How do I wipe my computer clean and start over?
- Open Settings.
- Tap System and expand the Advanced drop-down.
- Tap Reset options.
- Tap Erase all data.
- Tap Reset Phone, enter your PIN, and select Erase Everything.
Can I wipe my laptop and start over?
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. You should see a title that says “Reset this PC.” Click Get Started. You can either select Keep My Files or Remove Everything. The former resets your options to default and removes uninstalled apps, like browsers, but keeps your data intact.
How do you completely clean your computer?
How to clean your computer, Step 1: Hardware
- Wipe down your computer. …
- Clean Your keyboard. …
- Blow dust buildup out of computer vents, fans and accessories. …
- Run check disk tool. …
- Check surge protector. …
- Keep PC ventilated. …
- Back up your hard drives. …
- Get antivirus software to protect from malware.
How do I completely wipe my computer Windows 10?
Windows 10 has a built-in method for wiping your PC and restoring it to an ‘as new’ state. You can choose to preserve just your personal files or to erase everything, depending on what you need. Go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery, click Get started and select the appropriate option.
How do I make my computer like new?
Make your computer faster in 5 simple steps
- Remove the rubbish. …
- Move your photos, music and movies. …
- Uninstall software you don’t use. …
- Defragment your hard drives. …
- Banish Wi-Fi woes.