Locate the program (or file, or folder) that you want to add a desktop icon for. b. Right-click the file icon, navigate to Send to -> Desktop (create shortcut).
How do I put a shortcut on my desktop in Windows 7?
1To create a shortcut to a program, choose Start→All Programs. 2Right-click an item and choose Send To→Desktop (Create Shortcut. 3To create a shortcut to something else, right-click the desktop and choose New→Shortcut. 4Browse to the item, click Next, type a name for the shortcut, and click Finish.
How do I save a shortcut to my desktop?
Create Desktop Shortcut for a File or Folder
- Navigate to the file or folder on your computer. …
- Right click the file or folder. …
- Skim down the menu that appears and left click the Send To item on the list. …
- Left click the Desktop (create shortcut) item on the list. …
- Close or minimize all open windows.
How can I get a shortcut on my computer?
How to Create a My Computer Shortcut
- Click the “Start” button to open the Start Menu.
- Right-click “Computer” on the right side of the Start Menu.
- Select “Show on Desktop” to create the “My Computer” shortcut on your desktop.
How do I put a Gmail shortcut on my desktop Windows 7?
Open your Gmail inbox and navigate to the three vertical dots in the top right corner of the browser window. Select “More Tools” and then, from the extending menu, select “Create Shortcut.” A pop-up window will appear. Enter the name of the shortcut – “Gmail,” for example – and check the “Open as Window” box.
How do I put a shortcut on my desktop in Windows 10?
If you are using Windows 10
Click the Windows key, and then browse to the Office program for which you want to create a desktop shortcut. Left-click the name of the program, and drag it onto your desktop. A shortcut for the program appears on your desktop.
How do I put an app on my desktop?
Pin apps and folders to the desktop or taskbar
- Press and hold (or right-click) an app, and then select More > Pin to taskbar.
- If the app is already open on the desktop, press and hold (or right click) the app’s taskbar button, and then select Pin to taskbar.
How do I create a shortcut on my desktop in Windows 10?
Method 1: Desktop Apps Only
- Select the Windows button to open the Start menu.
- Select All apps.
- Right-click on the app you want to create a desktop shortcut for.
- Select More.
- Select Open file location. …
- Right-click on the app’s icon.
- Select Create shortcut.
- Select Yes.
How do I make Windows 10 open to desktop?
How to Get to the Desktop in Windows 10
- Click the icon in the lower right corner of the screen. It looks like a tiny rectangle that’s next to your notification icon. …
- Right click on the taskbar. …
- Select Show the desktop from the menu.
- Hit Windows Key + D to toggle back and forth from the desktop.
What is a shortcut on my computer?
(2) A Windows shortcut is an icon that points to a program or data file. Shortcuts can be placed on the desktop or stored in other folders, and clicking a shortcut is the same as clicking the original file. … In the Mac, a pointer shortcut is called an “alias,” and a shortcut is a keyboard command (see below).