Select Hardware and Sound from the Control Panel, and then select Sound. On the Playback tab, right-click the listing for your audio device, select Set as Default Device, and then select OK.
How do I reset the sound on my computer?
Resetting the audio in a computer involves going to the Control Panel off of the Start menu, finding the “Sounds” settings icon and either selecting the default or customizing the sounds. Reset the audio on a computer with information from an experienced software developer in this free video on computers.
How do I get my audio back on Windows 10?
How to Fix Broken Audio on Windows 10
- Check your cables and volume. …
- Verify that the current audio device is the system default. …
- Restart your PC after an update. …
- Try a System Restore. …
- Run the Windows 10 Audio Troubleshooter. …
- Update your audio driver. …
- Uninstall and reinstall your audio driver.
Why is my sound not working on my computer?
Verify via the speaker icon in the taskbar that the audio is not muted and is turned up. Ensure that the computer isn’t muted via hardware, such as a dedicated mute button on you laptop or keyboard. Test by playing a song. … If the headphones work, remove them to continue troubleshooting the internal speakers.
How do I reset the sound on my laptop?
In Control Panel, there are settings for default playback devices that you might need to adjust.
- Open Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound.
- Click Sound.
- Right-click the default playback device and then click Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Clear the check boxes in the Exclusive Mode section. Then click OK.
How do I reinstall Realtek audio?
2. How to reinstall Realtek audio driver Windows 10
- Press the Windows key + X hotkeys.
- Select Device Manager on the menu to open the window shown directly below.
- Double-click Sound, video and game controllers to expand that category.
- Right-click Realtek High Definition Audio and select the Uninstall device option.
How do I fix No audio output device Windows 10?
Press the Windows + X keys on your keyboard and click on the Device Manager option from the menu. Expand the Sound, video and game controllers menu by clicking on the arrow next to it. Right-click on your audio device listed in the menu and choose the Uninstall device option. Restart your computer.
How do I activate the sound on my computer?
How Do I Turn on Sound on My Computer?
- Click the triangle to the left of the taskbar icons to open the hidden icon section.
- Many programs use internal volume settings in addition to the Windows volume sliders. …
- You’ll usually want the device labeled “Speakers” (or similar) set as the default.
How can I fix the sound on my computer?
What to Do if Your Laptop Has No Sound
- Check Your Volume. …
- Try Some Headphones. …
- Change Your Audio Device. …
- Disable Audio Enhancements. …
- Install or Update Your Drivers. …
- Update Your BIOS. …
- Repair the Speakers.
Why are my speakers not working?
If the issue is not software related, it is likely a hardware issue. Like any other hardware component in a computer, the device producing sound can fail. Make sure the computer sound card works properly by connecting another pair of speakers or headphones to the computer. … Instead, see if a CD or a sound file works.
How do I change my sound settings?
How to Adjust the Audio on Your Android Device
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose Sound or Sound & Notification. …
- Adjust the sliders to set the volume for various noise sources. …
- Slide the gizmo to the left to make a sound quieter; slide to the right to make a sound louder.