How do I make a folder accessible to all users?
Locate the folder you want to make accessible to other users, right-click it, and select Properties. On the Permissions tab, give “Others” the “Create and delete files” permission. Click the Change Permissions for Enclosed Files button and give “Others” the “Read and write” and “Create and Delete Files” permissions.
How do I share folders between users on the same computer?
- Right-click on the folder you want to share.
- Select Give Access to > Specific people.
- From there, you can choose specific users and their permission level (whether they can read-only or read/write). …
- If a user doesn’t appear on the list, type their name into the taskbar and hit Add. …
- Click Share.
How do I transfer files between users?
If you need to move or transfer files from one user account to another, the simplest way would be to log in with an administrator account, and cut-paste the files from one user account to the personal folders of the other user account. If you do not have access to an admin account, ask your administrator to do it.
How do I make a file accessible to all users in Linux?
To change directory permissions for everyone, use “u” for users, “g” for group, “o” for others, and “ugo” or “a” (for all). chmod ugo+rwx foldername to give read, write, and execute to everyone.
How do I share a folder in Windows 10 with a specific user?
- Select the file >Right click it and select Share with.
- Select Share with> Specific people.
- There Type the name of the user or you can simply click the arrow in the dialog box to select the user and select Add.
- Select Share.
How do I create a shared folder with an IP address?
- In the search box in the Windows taskbar, enter two backslashes followed by the IP address of the computer with the shares you want to access (for example \192.168. …
- Press Enter. …
- If you want to configure a folder as a network drive, right-click it and select “Map network drive…” from the context menu.
How do I share a folder over a network?
How do I share files or folders over a network now?
- Right-click or press a file, select Give access to > Specific people.
- Select a file, select the Share tab at the top of File Explorer, and then in the Share with section select Specific people.
How do I move files as administrator?
How can I click-drag to move a folder that needs admin permissions in explorer?
- Win+X –> Command prompt (admin) (alternatively right click the Start tile in Desktop mode)
- explorer ( Enter )
- Using the new administrative explorer window, click and drag to move the folder.
How do I merge users in Windows 10?
Windows 10 – Merge user files with current administrator user/…
- Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select Control Panel.
- Select System and Security and then System.
- Click Advanced System Settings.
- Under User Profiles, click Settings.
- Select the profile you want to copy.