You don’t have Pro. If it’s Win 8 Core (what some would consider “Home” version) then the “Pro” simply won’t be displayed. Again, if you have Pro, you’ll see it. If not, you wont.
How do you tell if I have Windows Home or Pro?
Here’s how to learn more:
- Select the Start button > Settings > System > About . Open About settings.
- Under Device specifications > System type, see if you’re running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows.
- Under Windows specifications, check which edition and version of Windows your device is running.
How do I find out which version of Windows 8.1 I have?
How to Find Windows 8 Version Details. Right-click the Start button and select System. (If you don’t have a Start button, press Windows Key+X, then select System.) You’ll see your edition of Windows 8, your version number (such as 8.1), and your system type (32-bit or 64-bit).
How do I determine which version of Windows I have?
- While on the Start screen, type computer.
- Right-click the computer icon. If using touch, press and hold on computer icon.
- Click or tap Properties. Under Windows edition, the Windows version is shown.
What versions of Windows 8.1 are there?
Windows 8.1 comes in three different versions: Basic Edition, Pro, and Enterprise.
Which version of Windows 10 is best?
Windows 10 – which version is right for you?
- Windows 10 Home. Chances are that this will the be the edition best suited to you. …
- Windows 10 Pro. Windows 10 Pro offers all of the same features as the Home edition, and is also designed for PCs, tablets and 2-in-1s. …
- Windows 10 Mobile. …
- Windows 10 Enterprise. …
- Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise.
What is the difference between Windows 10 Home and Windows Pro?
Windows 10 Pro has all the features of Windows 10 Home and more device management options. … If you need to access your files, documents, and programs remotely, install Windows 10 Pro on your device. Once you’ve set it up, you’ll be able to connect to it using Remote Desktop from another Windows 10 PC.
Which Windows do I have 32bit or 64bit?
Click Start, type system in the search box, and then click System Information in the Programs list. When System Summary is selected in the navigation pane, the operating system is displayed as follows: For a 64-bit version operating system: X64-based PC appears for the System Type under Item.
What is S mode windows10?
Windows 10 in S mode is a version of Windows 10 that’s streamlined for security and performance, while providing a familiar Windows experience. To increase security, it allows only apps from the Microsoft Store, and requires Microsoft Edge for safe browsing. For more info, see the Windows 10 in S mode page.
What is Windows 8.1 KN mean?
The N and KN editions of Windows 8.1 include the same functionality as Windows 8.1, except for media-related technologies (Windows Media Player) and certain preinstalled media apps (Music, Video, Sound Recorder, and Skype).
Which is the latest version of Windows?
Windows 10 October 2020 Update (version 20H2) Version 20H2, called the Windows 10 October 2020 Update, is the most recent update to Windows 10.
How can I get Windows 10 free?
Video: How to take Windows 10 screenshots
- Go to the Download Windows 10 website.
- Under Create Windows 10 installation media, click Download tool now and Run.
- Choose Upgrade this PC now, assuming this is the only PC you’re upgrading. …
- Follow the prompts.
4 янв. 2021 г.
How do I get Windows 10 free upgrade?
To get your free upgrade, head to Microsoft’s Download Windows 10 website. Click the “Download tool now” button and download the .exe file. Run it, click through the tool, and select “Upgrade this PC now” when prompted. Yes, it’s that simple.
What is the best Windows 8.1 version?
Windows 8.1 Version Comparison | Which One is Best for You
- Windows RT 8.1. It provides customers with same features as Windows 8, such as easy-to-use interface, Mail, SkyDrive, other built-in apps, touch function, etc. …
- Windows 8.1. For most consumers, Windows 8.1 is the best choice. …
- Windows 8.1 Pro. …
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise.
How many versions of Windows 8 are there?
Windows 8, a major release of the Microsoft Windows operating system, was available in four different editions: Windows 8 (Core), Pro, Enterprise, and RT.
Is Win 8.1 still supported?
When Do Windows 8 and 8.1 Lose Support? If you’re using Windows 8 or 8.1, you’re already passed the mainstream support end date – that happened back on the 10th July 2018. … Windows 8.1 still enjoys security updates, but that will end on the 11th June 2023.