How do I get my touchpad to work again?
First, make sure you haven’t accidentally disabled the touchpad. In all likelihood, there’s a key combination that will toggle the touchpad on and off. It usually involves holding down the Fn key—typically near one of the lower corners of the keyboard—while pressing another key.
Why is my touchpad not working?
Windows users – Touchpad settings
Or, press Windows key + I to open Settings, then click Devices, Touchpad. In the Touchpad window, make sure the Touchpad On/Off toggle switch is set to On. If it’s Off, change it to be in the On position. Test the touchpad to see if it works.
How do I unfreeze my touchpad?
- On your keyboard, hold down the Fn key and press the touchpad key (or F7, F8, F9, F5, depending on the laptop brand you’re using).
- Move your mouse and check if the mouse frozen on laptop issue has been fixed. If yes, then great! But if the problem persists, move on to Fix 3, below.
How do I turn my touchpad back on Windows 10?
How to enable the touchpad in Windows 8 and 10
- Press the Windows key , type touchpad, and press Enter . …
- In the Touchpad Settings window, press Tab until the Touchpad toggle switch is selected.
- Press the spacebar to change the toggle switch to the On position.
Why touchpad is not working HP?
You might need to manually turn on the Touchpad under your settings. Press the Windows button and “I” at the same time and click (or tab) over to Devices > Touchpad. Navigate to the Additional Settings option and open the Touchpad Settings box. From here, you can toggle the HP touchpad settings on or off.
How do I update my touchpad drivers?
Reinstall Touchpad driver
- Open Device Manager.
- Uninstall the touchpad driver under Mice and other pointing devices.
- Restart the computer.
- Install the latest touchpad driver from Lenovo support website (see Navigate and download drivers from support site).
- Restart the computer.
What do you do when your Chromebook touchpad stops working?
If your touchpad stops working, try these steps:
- Make sure there is no dust or dirt on the touchpad.
- Press the Esc key several times.
- Drumroll your fingers on the touchpad for ten seconds.
- Turn your Chromebook off, then back on again.
- Perform a hard reset.
How do I unfreeze my Lenovo touchpad?
Method 1: Enable or disable the touchpad with keyboard keys
- Look for the key with this icon. on the keyboard. …
- The TouchPad will be enabled automatically after a reboot, resuming from hibernation/sleep mode, or entering Windows.
- Press the corresponding button (such as F6, F8 or Fn+F6/F8/Delete) to disable the touchpad.
How do I unfreeze my HP laptop mouse?
To disable or enable the touchpad, try double-tapping the upper left corner of the touchpad. If your HP laptop supports this feature, your touchpad will start working again. Try rebooting your computer.