How do I connect Windows 8 to my TV?
On your computer
- On the compatible computer, turn the Wi-Fi setting to On. Note: It is not necessary to connect the computer to a network.
- Press the. Windows Logo + C key combination.
- Select the Devices charm.
- Select Project.
- Select Add a display.
- Select Add a Device.
- Select the model number of the TV.
How do I switch to HDMI on Windows 8?
Each time you use the Windows Key + P combination, press the left or right arrow key once and hit enter. Eventually you should hit the option that displays the output to your laptop screen.
Why won’t my computer connect to my TV through HDMI?
First, make sure that you go into your PC/Laptop settings and designate HDMI as the default output connection for both video and audio. … If the above options don’t work, try booting up the PC/Laptop first, and, with the TV on, connect the HDMI cable to both the PC/Laptop and TV.
How do you connect a computer to a TV with HDMI?
To connect your laptop to your TV with an HDMI cable:
- Plug one end of the HDMI cable into your HDMI input on your laptop.
- Plug the other end of the cable into one of the HDMI inputs on your TV.
- Using the remote control, select the input that corresponds to where you plugged in the cable (HDMI 1, HDMI 2, HDMI 3, etc.).
How do I connect my phone to my Windows 8?
How to Sync Windows 8 with Android Phone?
- Turn on your Windows 8 PC and Android phone. …
- Plug a USB cable into the USB port on your computer and plug its other end into the Android smartphone. …
- Click on USB Storage Device when your Windows 8 computer prompts you with a pop up menu.
How do I connect my Windows 8 to my Samsung TV?
To do this:
- On the Samsung TV remote control, press the SOURCE key. …
- From your Windows 8.1 computer, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Devices. …
- Tap or click Project, and then tap or click Add a wireless display.
Does Windows 8 support wireless display?
Wireless display is available in new Windows 8.1 PCs – laptops, tablets, and all-in-ones — allowing you to display your full Windows 8.1 experience (up to 1080p) to large wireless display-enabled screens at home and work.
Why is my HDMI only show my background?
If your computer is still connected to another monitor when you also connect the HDTV, it’s possible the two displays are set up in extended mode; where the HDTV is just an extension of your monitors desktop. If you moved your mouse further to the right from your main display, it would appear on the HDTV.
Why is my TV not detecting my computer?
On the computer, select a lower screen resolution, then check if the image is output correctly. When the TV has another HDMI port, connect to it and check if the image is displayed correctly. … If changing the cable solves the problem, the original HDMI cable may have a problem.
How do I get my computer to recognize my TV?
2. Reset display output
- Connect your PC to your TV using an HDMI cable.
- On your PC’s desktop window, right-click and select Personalize.
- Select Display. This should show you the connected TV (as a second monitor).
- If you can’t detect the TV, proceed.
- Press Windows Key + P.
- Select Duplicate or Extend.
Why does my computer not play sound through HDMI?
If using a set-top box, make sure the volume is turned up on the set-top box. You also may need to go into the set-top box menu and select HDMI in the Audio Settings or Audio Coding section to pass the audio to the TV. … If using a computer set the appropriate HDMI properties .
Can you use a TV as a computer monitor?
Using a TV as a monitor is possible, as long as your computer graphics card supports it. … Your first bet is to look for an HDMI port (most modern TVs are built with this) on both the TV and your GPU. Try to connect them using either the male-to-male HDMI link, HDMI adapter or HDMI-to-mini-HDMI-cable.
How do I switch my computer to HDMI?
Right-click the “Volume” icon on the Windows taskbar, select “Sounds” and choose the “Playback” tab. Click the “Digital Output Device (HDMI)” option and click “Apply” to turn on the audio and video functions for the HDMI port.