A: Windows Live Mail is no longer supported by Microsoft and no longer available to download. If you still have this on your PC, it may be possible to get it working again. But if you need to reinstall it, you may not have much luck finding a copy to download.
Can I still use Windows Live Mail with Windows 10?
Windows Live Mail is designed to run on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, but is also compatible with Windows 8 and Windows 10, even though Microsoft bundles a new email client, named Windows Mail, with the latter.
Why is my windows live mail not working?
Try to run Windows Live Mail as Administrator in compatibility mode. Try to re-configure the Windows Live Mail account. Remove the existing WLM account and create a new one. … Now, you may be able to run Windows Live Mail on Windows 10.
What is the difference between Windows Live Mail and Outlook?
Windows Live Mail offers e-mail capabilities and a calendar. Outlook offers these, plus tasks and notes. Windows Live Mail does not have a programming interface. Outlook can be programmed using VBA code, both from within Outlook itself and from other applications.
How do I transfer my Windows Live Mail to a new computer?
- Locate the Windows Live Mail folder 0n the New Computer.
- Delete the existing Windows Live Mail folder 0n the New Computer.
- Paste the copied folder from the old computer into the same location on the New Computer.
- Import Contacts from .csv file into WLM on New Computer.
How do I restore my Windows Live Mail?
Right-click on the Windows Live Mail folder and select Restore Previous Version. This will Windows Live Mail properties window. In the Previous Versions tab, click the Restore button. Windows will scan the system and start the recovery process.
What happened to live email accounts?
Windows Live Mail is a desktop email program Microsoft introduced to replace Outlook Express. … However, Microsoft is moving all its own email services – Office 365, Hotmail, Live Mail, MSN Mail, Outlook.com etc – to a single codebase at Outlook.com.
What is the difference between Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail?
Windows Mail is the mail client program that is included with and part of Windows Vista. Windows Live Mail is a program available for free download; it is a mail client, calendar application, contacts manager, feed aggregator and news reader all in one program.
How do I fix windows live mail error?
How can I fix the Windows Live Mail 0x800c013e error?
- Run the Windows Live Mail as Admin and in a compatibility mode.
- Try third-party alternatives.
- Reconfigure Windows Live Mail account.
- Check Windows Firewall and third-party firewall.
- Remove current and create a new Windows Live Mail account.
- Repair installation.
Can I update Windows Live Mail?
Because the data in your Outlook.com account is stored in the cloud, there is no need to manually move it from Windows Live Mail 2012 to the Mail app. If you are using Windows 7, you can upgrade to a newer version of Windows to enjoy the Mail app and the other benefits.
How do I update Windows Live Mail in Windows 10?
How to Get the Windows Live Mail Download
- Download Windows Live Essentials from Archive.org. You can download via torrent or your browser.
- Run the file to install the app.
- Select the ‘Select programs to install’ option.
- Uncheck all apps you do not want to install. Make sure Mail is checked.
- Click Install.