Step 1: Restart your Windows 7 computer and hold on pressing F8 to enter Advanced Boot Options.
Step 2: Choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt in the coming screen and press Enter.
Step 3: In pop-up command prompt window, type net user and hit Enter.
Then all Windows 7 user accounts would be listed in the window.
How do I recover my administrator password on Windows 7?
Option 1: Windows 7 Password Reset in Safe Mode via Administrator
- Boot or reboot your Windows 7 PC or laptop.
- Press F8 repeatedly until the Windows Advanced Options Menu screen appears.
- Select Safe Mode in the coming screen, and then Press Enter.
- Log in Windows 7 with Administrator account when you see login screen.
How do I get past Windows 7 password in safe mode?
Step 1: Restart your Windows 7 computer and hold on pressing F8 to enter Advanced Boot Options. Step 2: Choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt in the coming screen and press Enter. Step 3: In pop-up command prompt window, type net user and hit Enter. Then all Windows 7 user accounts would be listed in the window.
How do I change administrator password using CMD?
Reset Windows 7 Login Password Using Command Prompt
- Click Start and then type “cmd” in the Search box. Right-click on the result and select Run as administrator.
- When the Administrative Command Prompt opens, run the following command to reset lost user password. Substitute username for your account’s name, and new_password for your new password.
How do I open command prompt on lock screen?
You can change the magnify.exe hotkey ( Winkey and + ) so it will use cmd.exe with the built-in system account.
- You can do this with a Windows setup Media.
- When rebooting, press a key to access the installation.
- Choose to repair the computer, and press `Shift+F10′ to open a command prompt.
How can I login as administrator in Windows 7 without password?
Use the hidden administrator account
- Start up (or re-start) your computer and press F8 repeatedly.
- From the menu that appears, choose Safe Mode.
- Key in “Administrator” in Username (note the capital A), and leave the password blank.
- You should be logged in to safe mode.
- Go to Control Panel, then User Accounts.
How do I factory reset my computer without administrator password?
Restore without installation CD/DVD
- Turn on the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At the Advanced Boot Options screen, choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Press Enter.
- Log in as Administrator.
- When Command Prompt appears, type this command: rstrui.exe.
- Press Enter.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”