If you want to uninstall one of the smaller less impactfull updates then thankfully that is quite a bit easier to do:
- Open up your Windows Settings and head back into “Update & security”
- Click on the “Windows Update” tab, and then on “Update history”.
- On the next screen, click on “Uninstall updates”
How to reinstall an update on Windows 10
- Open Settings.
- Click Update & security.
- Click on Windows Update.
- Click the Check of updates button to trigger an update check, which will redownload and install the update automatically again.
- Click the Restart Now button to complete the task.
To add or remove packages offline by using DISM and an answer file
- Open Windows SIM.
- To add a new package, click Insert on the main menu, and select Package(s).
- To remove an existing package, select the package in the Answer file pane that you want to remove.
- Validate and save the answer file.
From the command line
- Tap on the Windows-key, type cmd.exe, right-click on the result and select run as administrator. This launches an elevated command prompt.
- To remove an update, use the command wusa /uninstall /kb:2982791 /quiet and replace the KB number with the number of the update that you want to remove.
How to: Uninstall specific Windows Updates via CMD or batch file in Windows 7/8 and Server 2008/2012
- Step 1: Locate KB number of the patch you wish to uninstall.
- Step 2: Open CMD Prompt or Notepad.
- Step 3: Block the undesired update from installing on the PC.
For computers with a Windows Server 2008 R2 operating system:
- Go to Start > Control Panel and click on “Uninstall a program” in the “Programs” group.
- In the menu to the left of the newly opened window, click on “View installed updates”.
Boot your PC into Safe mode. In Windows 7 you should ensure that any discs and USB drives have been removed and that you log in as a user with administrator rights. Restart your machine, then press and hold the F8 key before the Windows logo appears. Use the arrow keys to select Safe mode, then hit Enter.How to Uninstall KB3097877 (Fix)
- Step 1 will initiate a KB uninstall on Windows 7, 8x, 2008R2 and 2012x. Windows 10 did not receive this patch so it has been removed from the Conditions tab.
- Step 2 will initiate a KB uninstall on Vista and 2008. Don’t forget to click on the Conditions tab and set the appropriate OSes for your steps.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.
- Expand Computer Configuration.
- Right-click Administrative Templates, and then click Add/Remove Templates.
- Click Add, click Wuau.adm in the Windows\Inf folder, and then click Open.
- Click Close.
- Under Computer Configuration, expand.
Remove a Windows update using WSUS
- Open the WSUS MMC console and connect to your server.
- Expand Update Services => Server Name => Updates.
- Right-click All Updates and select Search.
- Enter the kb number of the update you would like to remove and press Find Now.
Remove WSUS Settings Manually
- Click Start and type regedit into the start search box, then Right Click and Run as Administrator.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\
- Right Click and Delete the registry key WindowsUpdate, then close the registry editor.
How do I uninstall Windows 10 update?
To uninstall the latest feature update to go back to a earlier version of Windows 10, use these steps:
- Start your device in Advanced startup.
- Click on Troubleshoot.
- Click on Advanced options.
- Click on Uninstall Updates.
- Click the Uninstall latest feature update option.
- Sign in using your administrator credentials.
Is it safe to uninstall Windows 10 updates?
Uninstall Windows 10 May 2019 Update. To uninstall this Feature Update, you will have to open the Start Menu. Next, click on the Settings link. Having opened the Settings panel, click on Update and security and here select Recovery settings.
How do you uninstall Windows updates all at once?
Method 1 Uninstalling Updates
- Boot into Safe Mode. You’ll have the best success removing Windows updates if you are running Safe Mode:
- Open the “Programs and Features” window.
- Click the “View installed updates” link.
- Find the update you want to remove.
- Select the update and click “Uninstall.”
How do I delete downloaded Windows updates?
How to Delete Downloaded Windows Update Files in Windows 10
- Open File Explorer.
- Go to C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download.
- Select all files of the folder(press the Ctrl-A keys).
- Press the Delete key on the keyboard.
- Windows may request for administrator privileges to delete those files.
Can I uninstall Windows 10 update in Safe Mode?
4 Ways to Uninstall Updates in Windows 10
- Open the Control Panel in Large icons view, and then click Programs and Features.
- Click View installed updates in the left pane.
- This displays all updates installed on the system. Select the update that you want to remove, and then click Uninstall.
How do I delete failed Windows updates?
This will stop the Windows Update Service and the Background Intelligent Transfer Service. Now browse to the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder and delete all the files and folders inside. You may press Ctrl+A to Select All and then click on Delete.
Can I uninstall old Windows updates?
Windows updates. Let’s start with Windows itself. Currently, you can uninstall an update, which basically means that Windows replaces the current updated files with the old ones from the previous version. If you remove those previous versions with a cleanup, then it just can’t put them back to perform the uninstall.
How do I stop unwanted Windows 10 updates?
How to block Windows Update(s) and Updated driver(s) from being installed in Windows 10.
- Start –> Settings –> Update and security –> Advanced options –> View your update history –> Uninstall Updates.
- Select the unwanted Update from the list and click Uninstall. *
Can I undo Windows 10 update?
To uninstall the April 2018 Update, go to Start > Settings and click on Update & Security. Click the Recovery link on the left and then click on Get started under ‘Go back to the previous version of Windows 10.’ Provided you haven’t yet cleared up all the space used by the update, the rollback process will start.
How do I delete old Windows update files?
How to Delete Old Windows Update Files
- Open the Start menu, type Control Panel, and press Enter.
- Go to Administrative Tools.
- Double-click on Disk Cleanup.
- Select Clean up system files.
- Mark the checkbox next to Windows Update Cleanup.
- If available, you can also mark the checkbox next to Previous Windows installations.
- Click OK.
Can I uninstall all Windows updates?
This dialog is where you can actually uninstall an update, but only one at a time. Simply click on an update and then click Uninstall. Unfortunately, there is no way to remove all updates at once unless you use System Restore.
How do I uninstall all Windows 10 updates?
How to uninstall Windows 10 updates
- Head down to your search bar at the bottom left and type in ‘Settings’.
- Go into your Update & Security options and switch over to the Recovery tab.
- Head down to the ‘Get started’ button under the ‘Go back to the previous version of Windows 10’ heading.
- Follow the instructions.
How do I delete downloaded but not installed Windows updates?
To do so, follow these instructions:
- Go to This PC and open the partition you have your Windows installed on (it’s usually C:)
- Go to Windows folder.
- In Windows folder, find the folder named Softwaredistribution and open it.
- Open sub-folder Download and delete everything from it (you might need an administrator permission)
Is it safe to delete Windows Update Cleanup?
It is safe to delete those filed with cleanup, however you may not be able to reverse any Windows updates if desired after you use Windows Update Cleanup. If your system is functioning properly and has been for a time, then I see no reason not to clean them up.
Can I delete Windows SoftwareDistribution download?
Delete Software Distribution folder. Now browse to the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder and delete all the files and folders inside. You may press Ctrl+A to Select All and then click on Delete. If the files are in use, and you are unable to delete some files, restart your device.
How do I cancel a Windows update?
How to Cancel Windows Update in Windows 10 Professional
- Press Windows key+R, type “gpedit.msc,” then select OK.
- Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update.
- Search for and either either double click or tap an entry called “Configure Automatic Updates.”
How do I hide an update in Windows 10?
Using Show or hide updates to hide Windows updates
- Step 1: Click here to download Show or hide updates utility.
- Step 2: Run the utility.
- Step 3: When you see the following screen, click Hide updates to view all available Windows and driver updates.
- Step 4: Select updates that you want to hide.
How do I go back before Windows Update?
How to Roll Back the Windows 10 Creators Update to a Prior
- To get started, click Start and then Settings.
- Click on Update & security.
- In the sidebar, choose Recovery.
- Click the Get Started link under Go back to the previous version of Windows 10.
- Select why you’d like to go back to a previous build and click Next.
- Click Next once more after reading the prompt.
How do I delete failed Windows 10 updates?
How to clear pending updates on Windows 10
- Open Start.
- Search for Run, click the top result to open the experience.
- Type the following path and click the OK button: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download.
- Select everything (Ctrl + A) and hit the Delete button. SoftwareDistribution folder on Windows 10.
Why can’t Windows 10 complete updates?
If you have any system restore points that were created before the “We couldn’t complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don’t turn off your computer” blue screen error, then it is very likely that you will be able to solve this problem by restoring your system. Windows will restart and open the System Restore window.
How do you stop Windows 7 from updating?
Log in to the Windows 7 or Windows 8 guest operating system as an administrator. Click Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Turn automatic updating on or off. In the Important updates menu, select Never check for updates. Deselect Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates.
How do I get the older version of Windows 10?
2 Ways to install the previous version of Windows 10 Photos app
- Go back to an earlier build. Click on Start Menu and click on Settings > Update & Security > Recovery.
- Restore system from one computer to another.
How do I roll back Windows 10 after 10 days?
In this period, one can navigate to Settings app > Update & security > Recovery > Go back to the previous version of Windows to begin restoring the previous version of Windows. Windows 10 automatically deletes files of the previous version after 10 days, and you won’t be able to roll back after that.
How do I restore Windows 10 before updating?
- Open System Restore. Search for system restore in the Windows 10 Search box and select Create a restore point from the list of results.
- Enable System Restore.
- Restore your PC.
- Open Advanced start-up.
- Start System Restore in Safe Mode.
- Open Reset this PC.
- Reset Windows 10, but save your files.
- Reset this PC from Safe Mode.
Photo in the article by “National Park Service”