- Press Windows key, click on Settings.
- Click on Account, click on Family and other users.
- Select the user you want to delete under Other users and click on Remove.
- Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.
- Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.
How do I delete a user profile in Windows 10?
To delete a user profile in Windows 10, do the following.
- Press Win + R hotkeys on the keyboard.
- Advanced System Properties will open.
- In the User Profiles window, select the profile of the user account and click the Delete button.
- Confirm the request, and the profile of the user account will now be deleted.
How do I delete an admin account on Windows 10?
Click User Accounts. Step 2: Click Manage another account link to see all user accounts on the PC. Step 3: Click on the admin account which you want to delete or remove. Step 5: When you see the following confirmation dialog, either click Delete Files or Keep Files button.
How do I remove all users from Windows 10?
How to remove a local user in Windows 10
- Click on the *Start menu**. It’s the Windows logo in the bottom left of your screen.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Accounts.
- Click on Family & other users.
- Click on the account you wish to remove.
- Click on the remove button.
- Click on the Delete account and data button.
How do I delete a user account on my computer?
Click “Users” to load a list of user accounts on your computer. Right-click the administrator account you want to delete and then click “Delete” on the pop-up menu that appears. Depending on your computer’s settings, you may be prompted to confirm that you want to delete the selected user.
How do I remove a user from the registry in Windows 10?
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type regedit , and then click OK.
- In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList.
- Locate your user profile folder.
How do I remove a family member from Windows 10?
How to remove an account on Windows 10
- Open Settings.
- Click on Accounts.
- Click on Family & other people.
- Under “Your family,” click the Manage family settings online link.
- Sign-in with your Microsoft account (if required).
- In the family section, click the Remove from family link.
- Click the Remove button.
How do I delete a local administrator account in Windows 10?
5 Ways to Delete A Local Account in Windows 10
- First of all you need to access the Control Panel.
- Select the View by option at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Select Manage another account in the list options.
- Click on the account that you want to delete.
- Click on Delete the account link from the left pane.
How do I delete administrator?
Steps to get administrator permission to delete folders
- Navigate to the folder you want to delete, right click it and select Properties.
- Select the Security tab and click the Advanced button.
- Click on Change located at the front of the Owner file and click on the Advanced button.
How do I bypass UAC in Windows 10?
Creating a shortcut to run apps elevated without a UAC prompt in Windows 10
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Control Panel \ System and Security \ Administrative Tools.
- In the newly opened window, double-click the shortcut “Task Scheduler”:
- In the left pane, click the item “Task Scheduler Library”:
How do I delete my main account on Windows 10?
To remove a Microsoft account from your Windows 10 PC:
- Click the Start button, and then click Settings.
- Click Accounts, scroll down, and then click the Microsoft account you would like to delete.
- Click Remove, and then click Yes.
Does Windows 10 installing delete everything?
Resetting this PC will delete all your installed programs. You can choose whether you want to keep your personal files or not. On Windows 10, this option is available in the Settings app under Update & security > Recovery. It should be just as good as installing Windows 10 from scratch.
How do I remove administrator account in Windows 10?
Use the Command Prompt instructions below for Windows 10 Home. Right-click the Start menu (or press Windows key + X) > Computer Management, then expand Local Users and Groups > Users. Select the Administrator account, right click on it then click Properties. Uncheck Account is disabled, click Apply then OK.
How do I delete a Windows user account?
HOW TO DELETE USER ACCOUNTS ON A WINDOWS 7 HOME NETWORK
- Open the Windows Control Panel, and then click User Accounts and Family Safety.
- Under User Accounts, click Add or Remove User Accounts.
- Click the user account that you want to delete.
- Click Delete the Account.
- Click either Keep Files or Delete Files.
How do I hide a user account in Windows 10?
To hide a user account from the login screen in Windows 10, you need to do the following.
- Right click the Start button in the taskbar File Explorer and choose Computer Management from its context menu.
- Under Computer Management -> System Tools, select the item Local Users and Groups -> Users.
- Next, open Registry Editor.
How can I delete user account using CMD?
To delete a user account from your computer:
- Type net user and press Enter to view user accounts on your computer.
- Type net user username /delete, where username is the name of the user you wish to delete.
- Type net user and press Enter to confirm the user account has been deleted.
How do I remove a user from the registry?
To clear user local profile via registry:
- Click Start → Run → Regedit.
- Navigate to the following registry key : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList.
- Under ProfileList navigate to binary key’s like this: S-1-5-21-3656904587-1668747452-4095529-500.
How do I delete administrator account on Windows 10?
1. Change a user account type on Settings
- Use the Windows key + I keyboard shortcut to open the Settings app.
- Click Accounts.
- Click Family & other people.
- Under Other people, select the user account, and click Change account type.
- Under Account type, select Administrator from the drop down menu.
How do I recreate a profile in Windows 10?
Fix Corrupt User Profile in Windows 8, 8.1 or Windows 10
- Login as an Administrator on your Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 system.
- Press the Windows and R keys to open the Registry Editor.
- Click OK.
- Navigate to this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList.
How do I login as a different user in Windows 10?
3 Ways to Switch User in Windows 10
- Way 1: Switch user via the user icon. Tap the bottom-left Start button on desktop, click the user icon on the top-left corner in the Start Menu, and then select another user (e.g. Guest) on the pop-up menu.
- Way 2: Switch user via the Shut Down Windows dialog.
- Way 3: Switch user via the Ctrl+Alt+Del options.
How do I remove email accounts and apps from Windows 10?
If you’re no longer using an account, you can remove it from the Windows 10 settings using these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Accounts.
- Click on Email & accounts.
- Select the account that you’re planning to remove.
- Click the Manage button.
- Click the Delete account from this device option.
- Click the Delete button.
How do I remove a family member from Microsoft?
Remove members from your family group
- Go to account.microsoft.com/family.
- Sign in with your Microsoft account, then: To remove a child, scroll down and select Manage my child’s profile info, select the child, select Remove consent for this child’s account, and confirm.
How do I disable UAC in Windows 10 registry?
Option two – Disable UAC with a simple Registry tweak
- Open Registry Editor.
- Navigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System.
- In the right pane, modify the value of the EnableLUA DWORD value and set it to 0:
- Restart your computer.
How do I remove a local account from Windows 10?
How to disable a Windows 10 account using Computer Management
- Open Start.
- Search for Computer Management and click the top result to open the console.
- Browse the following path:
- Double-click the account you want to disable.
- Under the “General” tab, check the Account is disabled option.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
How do I disable UAC on Windows 10 without administrator?
Way 1: Disable User Account Control on Windows 10 through Control Panel
- Step 1: Access Windows 10 Control Panel.
- Step 2: Go to User Accounts > User Accounts.
- Step 3: Slide the marker to the bottom where it says Never notify, and then click OK.
- Step 4: Click Yes to confirm the User Account Control prompt.
How do I recover my administrator account in Windows 10?
Method 1: Recover deleted administrator account by System Restore
- Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Restore.
- Select your Windows 10 to continue.
- Click Next on the System Restore wizard.
- Select the point (date and time) before you deleted the admin account, and click Next.
- Click Finish, and click Yes.
How do I sign out of Windows 10 as administrator?
Option 1: Sign out of Windows 10 from Start Menu. Step 1: Press Win key on your keyboard or tap/click Win icon in the lower-left corner of Windows 10 desktop to bring out Start Menu. Step 2: Click/tap your username on the upper-left corner. Then select sign out.
How do I unlink my Microsoft account from Windows 10?
To unlink your Microsoft Account from your computer, follow the instructions below. Though these use Windows 10, the instructions are similar for 8.1. 1. In the Start menu, click the “Settings” option or search “Settings” and select that option.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”