How do I get to the boot menu?
Configuring the boot order
- Turn on or restart the computer.
- While the display is blank, press the f10 key to enter the BIOS settings menu. The BIOS settings menu is accessible by pressing the f2 or the f6 key on some computers.
- After opening the BIOS, go to the boot settings.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to change the boot order.
Which function key is for boot menu?
To specify the boot sequence:
- Start the computer and press ESC, F1, F2, F8 or F10 during the initial startup screen.
- Choose to enter BIOS setup.
- Use the arrow keys to select the BOOT tab.
- To give a CD or DVD drive boot sequence priority over the hard drive, move it to the first position in the list.
How do I get to boot options in Windows 10?
Get to safe mode and other startup settings in Windows 10
- Select the Start button, then choose Settings .
- Select Update & security > Recovery.
- Under Advanced startup select Restart now.
- After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
How do you access the Advanced Boot Options menu?
Follow these steps to use the Advanced Boot Options menu:
- Start (or restart) your computer.
- Press F8 to invoke the Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Select Repair Your Computer from the list (the first option).
- Use the up and down arrows to navigate menu choices.
How do I boot into boot mode?
Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press the F2 key, or the DEL key if you have a desktop, to enter the BIOS. Press the RIGHT ARROW key to select Boot. Press the DOWN ARROW key to select Boot Order.
What is the necessary key to open BIOS menu?
The most common keys to enter Setup on Acer hardware are F2 and Delete. On older computers, try F1 or the key combination Ctrl + Alt + Esc. If your computer features an ACER BIOS, you can restore the BIOS to bootable settings by pressing and holding the F10 key. Once you hear two beeps, settings have been restored.
How do I open the BIOS menu?
Turn on the computer, and then immediately press the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup Menu opens. Press F10 to open the BIOS Setup Utility. Select the File tab, use the down arrow to select System Information, and then press Enter to locate the BIOS revision (version) and date.
How do I get to advanced boot options without f8?
Accessing the “Advanced Boot Options” menu
- Fully power down your PC and make sure it has come to a complete halt.
- Press the power button on your computer and wait for the screen with the manufacturer’s logo to finish.
- As soon as the logo screen goes away, begin to repeatedly tap (not press and keep pressed) the F8 key on your keyboard.
How do I boot from a USB drive in Windows 10?
How to Boot from USB Drive in Windows 10
- Plug your bootable USB drive to your computer.
- Open the Advanced Startup Options screen.
- Click on the item Use a device.
- Click on the USB drive that you want to use to boot from.
How do I access bios from command prompt?
How to Edit BIOS From a Command Line
- Turn your computer off by pressing and holding the power button.
- Wait about 3 seconds, and press the “F8” key to open the BIOS prompt.
- Use the up and down arrow keys to select an option, and press the “Enter” key to select an option.
- Alter the option using the keys on your keyboard.
How do I boot into Windows recovery?
Here are the steps to take for starting the Recovery Console from the F8 boot menu:
- Restart the computer.
- After the start-up message appears, press the F8 key.
- Choose the option Repair Your Computer.
- Click the Next button.
- Choose your username.
- Type your password and click OK.
- Choose the option Command Prompt.
How do I get to the boot menu in command prompt?
Launch Boot Options Menu from PC Settings
- Open PC Settings.
- Click Update and recovery.
- Choose Recovery and click on Restart under Advanced startup, in the right panel.
- Open Power Menu.
- Hold the Shift key and click Restart.
- Open a Command Prompt by pressing Win+X and choosing Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin).
What does Startup repair do Windows 10?
Startup Repair is a Windows recovery tool that can fix certain system problems that might prevent Windows from starting. Startup Repair scans your PC for the problem and then tries to fix it so your PC can start correctly. Startup Repair is one of the recovery tools in Advanced Startup options.
How do I boot up in safe mode?
Start Windows 7/Vista/XP in Safe Mode with Networking
- Immediately after the computer is powered on or restarted (usually after you hear your computer beep), tap the F8 key in 1 second intervals.
- After your computer displays hardware information and runs a memory test, the Advanced Boot Options menu will appear.
How do I enable secure boot in Windows 10?
How to Disable UEFI Secure Boot in Windows 10
- Then in Settings window, choose Update & security.
- Nest, select Recovery from the left menu and you can see Advanced startup at the right side.
- Click Restart Now under Advanced startup option.
- Next select Advanced options.
- Next you select UEFI Firmware Settings.
- Click the Restart button.
- ASUS Secure Boot.
How do you get into the BIOS in Windows 10?
How to Enter the BIOS on a Windows 10 PC
- Navigate to settings. You can get there by clicking the gear icon on the Start menu.
- Select Update & security.
- Select Recovery from the left menu.
- Click Restart Now under Advanced startup.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced options.
- Select UEFI Firmware Settings.
- Click Restart.
What is UEFI boot mode?
In general, install Windows using the newer UEFI mode, as it includes more security features than the legacy BIOS mode. If you’re booting from a network that only supports BIOS, you’ll need to boot to legacy BIOS mode. After Windows is installed, the device boots automatically using the same mode it was installed with.
How do I boot from a USB drive?
Boot from USB: Windows
- Press the Power button for your computer.
- During the initial startup screen, press ESC, F1, F2, F8 or F10.
- When you choose to enter BIOS Setup, the setup utility page will appear.
- Using the arrow keys on your keyboard, select the BOOT tab.
- Move USB to be first in the boot sequence.
How do I enter BIOS setup?
Access the BIOS Setup utility using a series of key presses during the boot process.
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Turn on the computer, and then immediately press the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup Menu opens.
- Press F10 to open the BIOS Setup Utility.
How do I open bios on motherboard?
Turn on the computer or click “Start,” point to “Shut Down” and then click “Restart.” Press “Del” when the ASUS logo appears on the screen to enter the BIOS. Press “Ctrl-Alt-Del” to restart the computer if the PC boots to Windows before loading the setup program.
How do I enter bios on HP?
Please find steps below :
- Turn on or restart the computer.
- While the display is blank, press the f10 key to enter the BIOS settings menu.
- Press the f9 key to reset the BIOS to the default settings.
- Press the f10 key to save the changes and exit the BIOS settings menu.
How do I get to the boot menu without a keyboard?
If you can access Desktop
- All you need to do is hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and restart the PC.
- Open up the Start menu and click on “Power” button to open power options.
- Now press and hold the Shift key and click on “Restart”.
- Windows will automatically start in advanced boot options after a short delay.
How do I get to advanced boot options on Lenovo?
- Press Windows logo key +I on your keyboard to open Settings.
- Select Update & security > Recovery.
- Under Advanced startup, select Restart now.
- After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
How do I fix my boot menu?
Windows Setup CD/DVD Required!
- Insert the installation disc in the tray and boot from it.
- At the Welcome screen, click on Repair your computer.
- Choose your operating system and click Next.
- At the System Recovery Options screen, click Command Prompt.
- Type: bootrec /FixMbr.
- Press Enter.
- Type: bootrec /FixBoot.
- Press Enter.
How do I repair Windows 10 with bootable USB?
Step 1: Insert Windows 10/8/7 installation disk or installation USB into PC > Boot from the disk or USB. Step 2: Click Repair your computer or hit F8 at the Install now screen. Step 3: Click Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt.
How do I create a bootable Windows 10 USB drive?
Just insert a USB flash drive with at least 4GB of storage to your computer, and then use these steps:
- Open the official Download Windows 10 page.
- Under “Create Windows 10 installation media,” click the Download tool now button.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the Open folder button.
Can I still upgrade to Windows 10 for free?
You can still upgrade to Windows 10 for free in 2019. The short answer is No. Windows users can still upgrade to Windows 10 without shelling out $119. The assistive technologies upgrade page still exist and is fully functional.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”