Make Windows Media Player default on Windows 10
- Step 1: Open Start menu, click the Settings icon to open the Settings app.
- Step 2: Click on the System (Display, notifications, apps, power).
- Step 3: Click Default apps.
- Step 4: As you can see, Groove Music is the default music or media player on Windows 10.
- Method 2 of 2.
How do I use Windows Media Player on Windows 10?
Windows Media Player in Windows 10. To find WMP, click Start and type: media player and select it from the results at the top. Alternately, you can right-click the Start button to bring up the hidden quick access menu and choose Run or use the keyboard shortcut Windows Key+R. Then type: wmplayer.exe and hit Enter.
How do I make Windows Media Player my default DVD?
From the Start screen type: default programs and select it from the results. The Default Programs window will open on your desktop. From the menu click the “Set your default programs” link. On the next screen, scroll down your list of installed programs in the left pane and select Windows Media Player.
How do I change default media player?
How to Make VLC the Default Media Player in Windows 10
- Click on the Windows Start button, search for and go to Settings.
- Click on Apps.
- Access the Default apps.
- Under Choose Default apps, for the Video player click on Movies & TV and switch to VLC Media Player. If you want to do it for music files as well, do the same thing for the choice present as Music player.
Why won’t Windows Media Player play my DVD?
We recommend the popular VLC media player. It’s free, and after you install it you’ll be able to play DVDs in VLC – no problem. Blu-rays are another story, as they are supported but many of them won’t play because of DRM encryption. To play a DVD in VLC, click the Media menu and select Open Disc.
How do I reinstall Windows Media Player on Windows 10?
How to install Windows Media Player
- Open Settings.
- Click on Apps.
- Click on Apps & features.
- Click the manage optional features link. Apps & features settings.
- Click the Add a feature button. Manage optional features settings.
- Select Windows Media Player.
- Click the Install button. Install Windows Media Player on Windows 10.
Which is the best media player for Windows 10?
11 Best Media Players for Windows
- VLC Media Player. VLC media player.
- PotPlayer. Pot Player in action.
- KMPlayer. KM Player.
- Media Player Classic – Home Cinema. MPC-HC for Windows.
- ACG Player. ACG player for Windows 10.
- GOM Media Player. GOM Player.
- DivX Player. DivX Player.
- Kodi. Kodi for Windows.
How do I set MPC HC as default player in Windows 10?
Setting it as default using the “Open With” context menu button should do the trick.
- Find a media file you’d like to always open with MPC-HC.
- Right click on it.
- Click on “Open With”
- Click on “Choose another app”
- Select MPC-HC.
- Check the box next to “Always use this app to open .$Filetype files”.
- Click on “Ok”.
How do I get Windows Media Player to play dvds?
To play a CD or DVD. Insert the disc you want to play into the drive. Typically, the disc will start playing automatically. If it doesn’t play, or if you want to play a disc that is already inserted, open Windows Media Player, and then, in the Player Library, select the disc name in the navigation pane.
How do I change the settings on Windows Media Player?
Select the Settings you Wish to Change. Open Windows Media Player and select “Options” from the “Tools” pull-down menu. A dialog box will open.
Why can’t I change default apps in Windows 10?
It seems that the affected users can’t change Windows 10 default apps whatever they do.
Solution 4 – Rollback Windows 10
- Open Settings.
- Choose Update & Security.
- Select Recovery from the left pane.
- Click on the “Get started” button under the Go back to the previous version of Windows 10.
How do I change my default music player in Windows 10?
How to change the default music player in Windows 10
- Open “Settings” and click on “System”
- Select “Default apps” from the left hand pane.
- Scroll down until you see “Music Player”
- Choose your alternative.
Is VLC Media Player safe to use?
Is the VLC Player Safe? In general, the open source VLC media player program is safe to run on your system; however, certain malicious media files may try to use bugs in the program to take control of your computer. VLC’s program icon is an orange traffic cone.
Why can’t I play DVDs on Windows 10?
If not, a better alternative to Microsoft’s Windows 10 DVD Player is to turn to the free and always reliable VLC video player. Once it’s installed, open the program, insert a DVD, and click on Media > Open Disc to watch your DVDs.
Does Windows Media Player play DVDs Windows 10?
Unfortunately, if you pop a DVD into your Windows 10 computer, you may bump into trouble because Windows 10 Media Player doesn’t support regular DVDs. Products like VLC Media Player, 5KPlayer, Kodi, and Daum’s Pot Player can play your DVDs with little muss or fuss.
How do I play Bluray on Windows 10?
Blu-ray player software for Windows 10
- Open VLC media player > Media > Open Disc.
- Select Blu-ray from the choice, and then browse to locate the folder which has the movie.
- Start playing Blu-ray movies on Windows with VLC.
How do I repair Windows Media Player in Windows 10?
How to Reinstall Windows Media Player in Windows 7, 8, or 10 to Solve Problems
- Step 1: Uninstall Windows Media Player. Open up Control Panel and type “windows features” into the search box, and then click on Turn Windows features on or off.
- Step 2: Reboot. That is all.
- Step 3: Turn Windows Media Player Back On.
Can you download Windows Media Player on Windows 10?
(If you’ve got a Mac, you can download Windows Media Components for QuickTime to play Windows Media files.) Included in clean installs of Windows 10 as well as upgrades to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 or Windows 7. In some editions of Windows 10, it’s included as an optional feature that you can enable.
Can I uninstall Windows Media Player and reinstall it?
However, you cannot use the standard Windows uninstall process — you need to use the Windows features dialog to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media Player. Click the “Start” button and type “windows features” in the search field; then press “Enter” to open the Windows Features dialog.
What is the best media player for Windows 10 64 bit?
VLC Media Player is one of the renowned software available in the internet. It is the best option for the Windows 10 OS 32/64 bit as it can play any video or audio formats.
Which Windows Media Player do I have?
To determine the version of Windows Media Player, start Windows Media Player, click About Windows Media Player on the Help menu in and then note the version number below the Copyright notice. Note If the Help menu is not displayed, press ALT + H on your keyboard and then click About Windows Media Player.
Is VLC media player better than Windows Media Player?
The Audio aspects of VLC Media are much better than the Media Player Classic. While MPC is just for Windows, this holds great advantages for VLC Media. But for Windows users, Media Player Classic and VLC Media, both are the winners. Even, I have both the Media Players!
How do I reset Windows Media Player library?
To do this, follow these steps:
- Exit Windows Media Player.
- For Windows XP: Click Start, click Run, type %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player, and then click OK.
- Select all the files in the folder, and then click Delete on the File menu.
- Restart Windows Media Player.
How do I fix a corrupted Windows Media Player?
Steps for Rebuilding the Database
- Press Win + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type or copy/paste this path into the text box:
- Then press Enter.
- Delete all the files in this folder—excluding folders.
- To rebuild the database, simply restart Windows Media Player.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”