So if you want to add “This PC” icon to your desktop perform the following steps:
- Right-click on the desktop.
- Click “Personalize”:
- Go to “Themes”
- Click on “Desktop icon settings”:
- Set the checkbox “Computer”.
- Click “OK” to save changes: My Computer icon in Windows 10.
Where is the My Computer icon on Windows 10?
To view them, right-click the desktop, select View, and then select Show desktop icons. To add icons to your desktop such as This PC, Recycle Bin and more: Select the Start button, and then select Settings > Personalization > Themes.
How do I open my computer in Windows 10?
Way 1: Open it in the Start Menu. Click the lower-left Start button to open the menu, type compmgmt.msc in the blank box and tap compmgmt. Way 2: Turn on Computer Management in the Quick Access Menu. Right-tap the bottom-left corner, or press Windows+X to open the menu, and then choose Computer Management on it.
Where is my computer on Windows 10 Start menu?
How to enable full screen mode for the Start Menu in Windows 10
- Click on the Start Menu button. It’s the Windows icon in the bottom left corner.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Personalization.
- Click on Start.
- Click on the switch below the Use Start full screen heading.
How do I access C drive in Windows 10?
It just takes a few steps.
- Open File Explorer. You can use the keyboard shortcut, Windows key + E or tap the folder icon in the taskbar.
- Tap or click This PC from the left pane.
- You can see the amount of free space on your hard disk under the Windows (C:) drive.
How do I get the My Computer icon back on my desktop Windows 10?
Here’s how to restore the My Computer icon to the desktop:
- 1) Right-click on the desktop and select Personalize.
- 2) Click Themes.
- 3) Click “Go to desktop icon settings.”
- 5) Click Apply.
- 6) Click OK.
- 7) Right-click on This PC.
- Select Rename.
- 9) Type “My Computer.”
How do I find my drives in Windows 10?
How to Map a Network Drive in Windows 10
- Open File Explorer and select This PC.
- Click the Map network drive drop-down in the ribbon menu at the top, then select “Map network drive.”
- Select the drive letter you want to use for the network folder, then hit Browse.
- If you receive an error message, then you’ll need to turn on network discovery.
How do I open windows on my computer?
Use the Run window (all Windows versions) The Run window is another quick method to open system tools in Windows. You can also use it to open Computer Management. Press the Win + R keys on your keyboard to open Run, enter the command compmgmt.msc, and then press Enter or OK.
How do I find my computer name in Windows 10?
Find your computer name in Windows 10
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click System and Security > System. On the View basic information about your computer page, see the Full computer name under the section Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings.
How do I open my computer?
Open File Explorer, click on View tab in Ribbon and then click on Options, and then Change folder and search options. Folder Options will open. Now under the General tab, you will see Open File Explorer to: From the drop-down menu, select This PC instead of Quick Access.
How do I get the Start button on Windows 10?
The Start Button in Windows 10: Instructions
- The Start button is a small button that displays the Windows logo and is always displayed at the left end of the Taskbar in Windows 10.
- To display the Start menu or the Start screen within Windows 10, click the Start button.
Where is the start button on my computer?
By default, the Windows Start button is at the bottom left part of the desktop screen. However, the Start button can be placed at the top left or top-right part of the screen by moving the Windows Taskbar.
How do I open the Start menu in Windows 10 with keyboard?
Start menu and taskbar. You can use these keyboard shortcuts to open, close and otherwise control the Start menu and the taskbar. Windows key or Ctrl + Esc: Open Start menu.
How do you see what’s taking up space on PC Windows 10?
Thankfully, the Windows 10 Storage settings include a disk analyzer tool to check what’s taking up space.
- Open Settings.
- Click on System.
- Click on Storage.
- Under “Local storage,” click on the hard drive running low on space.
How do I know if I have SSD or HDD Windows 10?
Simply press the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run box, type dfrgui and press Enter. When the Disk Defragmenter window is shown, look for the Media type column and you can find out which drive is solid state drive (SSD), and which one is hard disk drive (HDD).
How do I check my RAM on Windows 10?
Find how much RAM is installed and available in Windows 8 and 10
- From the Start screen or Start menu type ram.
- Windows should return an option for “View RAM info” Arrow to this option and press Enter or click it with the mouse. In the window that appears, you should see how much installed memory (RAM) your computer has.
How Do I Get My Computer icon on desktop in Windows 10?
On the left side of the Personalization settings box, select Themes. In the Classic Settings area, click “Go to desktop icon settings.” You should now see a box with several icons you can add to your desktop; the Recycle Bin icon may already be selected if you chose it when you set up your system.
How do I put my computer icon on desktop in Windows 10?
Show desktop icons in Windows 10
- Select the Start button, and then select Settings > Personalization > Themes.
- Under Themes > Related Settings, select Desktop icon settings.
- Choose the icons you would like to have on your desktop, then select Apply and OK.
- Note: If you are in tablet mode, you may not be able to see your desktop icons properly.
How do I put an icon on my desktop in Windows 10?
Here’s how to make it work:
- Right-click or tap and hold any blank place on the Windows 10 Desktop.
- Choose New > Shortcut.
- Pick one of the ms-settings apps listed below and type it into the input box.
- Click Next, give the shortcut a name, and click Finish.
How do I access my old hard drive on Windows 10?
How to take ownership and get full access to files and folders in Windows 10
- Open File Explorer, and then locate the file or folder you want to take ownership of.
- Right-click the file or folder, click Properties, and then click the Security tab.
- Click the Advanced button.
- The Select User or Group window will appear.
How do I initialize a hard drive in Windows 10?
To properly set up a blank hard drive, use these steps:
- Open Start.
- Search for Disk Management and click the top result to open the experience.
- Right-click the hard drive marked as “Unknown” and “Not Initialized,” and select Initialize Disk.
- Check the disk to initialize.
- Select the partition style:
- Click the OK button.
How do I find my USB drive on Windows 10?
General Methods to Access a USB Flash Drive that Won’t Open on Windows 10
- Right click on “This PC”, select “Manage”.
- Here, locate the USB drive, right-click and select “Change Drive Letter and Paths”.
- Click the “Add” button, enter a location the USB drive will be accessible at, such as C:\USB.
How do I find my machine code Windows 10?
How to Find Your MAC Address in Windows 10 with the Command Prompt
- Open the command prompt.
- Type in ipconfig /all and press Enter.
- Find your adapter’s physical address.
- Search “View network status and tasks” in the taskbar and click on it. (
- Click on your network connection.
- Click the “Details” button.
How do I find my IP address on Windows 10?
To find the IP address on Windows 10, without using the command prompt:
- Click the Start icon and select Settings.
- Click the Network & Internet icon.
- To view the IP address of a wired connection, select Ethernet on the left menu pane and select your network connection, your IP address will appear next to “IPv4 Address”.
How do I find my username and password for Windows 10?
Open Start Menu and click on Settings. Once the Settings app opens, click on Accounts and then on Your account. Here, you will see a Manage my Microsoft account link in blue.
Where do I find my computer on my PC?
To put the Computer icon on the desktop, click the Start button, and then right-click on “Computer”. Click the “Show on Desktop” item in the menu, and your Computer icon will show up on the desktop.
How do I open my computer shortcut?
Press and hold the Windows key and press D on the keyboard to cause the PC to switch to the desktop immediately and minimize all the open windows. Use the same shortcut to bring back all those open windows. You can use the Windows key+D shortcut to access My Computer or Recycle Bin or any folder on your desktop.
How do I open my computer instead of quick access?
To change the default Explorer page to This PC, follow these steps:
- Open a new Explorer window.
- Click View in the ribbon.
- Click Options.
- Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
- Click OK.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”