A slightly slower way of starting the Control Panel in Windows 10 is to do it from the Start Menu.
Click or tap on the Start button and, in the Start Menu, scroll down to the Windows System folder.
There you will find a Control Panel shortcut.
How do I open Control Panel in Windows 10 with keyboard?
Click the bottom-left Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results. Way 2: Access Control Panel from the Quick Access Menu. Press Windows+X or right-tap the lower-left corner to open the Quick Access Menu, and then choose Control Panel in it.
How do I access settings on Windows 10?
Way 1: Open it in the Start Menu. Click the lower-left Start button on the desktop to expand Start Menu, and then select Settings in it. Press Windows+I on the keyboard to access Settings. Tap the search box on the taskbar, input setting in it and select Settings in the results.
How do I get to the control panel on my computer?
Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Search (or if you’re using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search), enter Control Panel in the search box, and then tap or click Control Panel. Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
How do I get my start menu back on Windows 10?
Just do the opposite.
- Click the Start button and then click the Settings command.
- At the Settings window, click the setting for Personalization.
- At the Personalization window, click the option for Start.
- In the right pane of the screen, the setting for “Use Start full screen” will be turned on.
How do I find the old Control Panel in Windows 10?
In Windows 10, click or tap inside the search box on the taskbar. Then type “control panel” and click or tap the “Control Panel” search result. In Windows 7, open the Start Menu and type “control panel” in the search box. Then click on the Control Panel shortcut in the Programs list of results.
How do I open control panel as administrator Windows 10?
How to run programs as an administrator in Windows 10
- Find the app in the Start Menu under All apps as you would have done before.
- Click Open file location from within the More menu.
- Right click on the program and select Properties.
- Click Advanced within the Shortcut tab which is the default one.
How do I get to settings on Windows 10 without Start menu?
14 ways to open Windows 10 Settings
- Open Settings using the Start Menu.
- Open Settings using Windows + I keys on the keyboard.
- Access Settings using the WinX power user’s menu.
- Open Windows 10 Settings using the Action Center.
- Use search to open the Settings app.
- Tell Cortana to Open the Settings app.
- Open Settings using Command Prompt or PowerShell.
Can’t access personalize in Windows 10?
Right click the Desktop and then select Personalize from the list. For users who have not yet activated Windows 10 or the account is not available, Windows 10 won’t let you personalize by making you unable to open the Personalization tab.
How do I open the Start menu in Windows 10?
How to enable full screen mode for the Start Menu in Windows 10
- Click on the Start Menu button. It’s the Windows icon in the bottom left corner.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Personalization.
- Click on Start.
- Click on the switch below the Use Start full screen heading.
Is there a keyboard shortcut for control panel?
From Keyboard Shortcut. For example, I assigned the letter “c” to this shortcut and as a result, when I press Ctrl + Alt + C, it opens the Control Panel for me. In Windows 7 and above, you can always press Windows key, start typing control, and press Enter to launch Control Panel as well.
What is the shortcut to open Control Panel?
Thankfully, there are three keyboard shortcuts that will grant you quick access to the Control Panel.
- Windows key and the X key. This opens a menu in the lower-right corner of the screen, with Control Panel listed among its options.
- Windows-R to open the run command window and enter Control Panel.
Where is the Start button on Windows 10?
The Start button in Windows 10 is a small button that displays the Windows logo and is always displayed at the left end of the Taskbar. You can click the Start button in Windows 10 to display the Start menu or the Start screen.
Why can’t I open the Start menu in Windows 10?
Update Windows 10. The simplest way to open Settings is to hold down the Windows key on your keyboard (the one to the right of Ctrl) and press i. If for any reason this doesn’t work (and you can’t use the Start menu) you can hold the Windows key and pressing R which will launch the Run command.
How do I get my desktop back in Windows 10?
How to restore the old Windows desktop icons
- Open Settings.
- Click on Personalization.
- Click on Themes.
- Click the Desktop icons settings link.
- Check each icon you want to see on the desktop, including Computer (This PC), User’s Files, Network, Recycle Bin, and Control Panel.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
How do I fix the Start button on Windows 10?
Fortunately, Windows 10 has a built-in way of resolving this.
- Launch Task manager.
- Run a new Windows task.
- Run Windows PowerShell.
- Run the System File Checker.
- Reinstall Windows apps.
- Launch Task manager.
- Log into the new account.
- Restart Windows in Troubleshooting mode.
Is there a classic view for Windows 10?
Fortunately, you can install a third-party Start Menu that looks and functions the way you want it to. There are a couple of Windows 10-compatible Start apps out there, but we like Classic Shell, because it’s free and very customizable. Earlier versions don’t work properly with Windows 10.
How do I find printers in Windows 10?
- Open Windows search by pressing Windows Key + Q.
- Type in “printer.”
- Select Printers & Scanners.
- Hit Add a printer or scanner.
- Choose The printer that I want isn’t listed.
- Select Add a Bluetooth, wireless or network discoverable printer.
- Choose the connected printer.
What is the Start menu in Windows 10?
Windows 10 – Start Menu. Step 1 − Use your mouse to click Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the taskbar. Step 2 − Press the Windows key on your keyboard. The Windows 10 Start Menu features two panes.
How do I get into administrator mode in Windows 10?
Method 2 – From Admin Tools
- Hold the Windows Key while pressing “R” to bring up the Windows Run dialog box.
- Type “lusrmgr.msc“, then press “Enter“.
- Open “Users“.
- Select “Administrator“.
- Uncheck or check “Account is disabled” as desired.
- Select “OK“.
How do I open Device Manager as administrator in Windows 10?
To open Device Manager, you first need to open a Run dialog box. If you are a Windows 10 user, you can open Run in several different ways. You can right-click the Start button and select “Run” from the contextual menu; press the Windows key + R keys on the keyboard, or; type “run” in Search and click the “Run” result.
How do I open control panel as administrator?
You should be able to run the Control Panel as administrator by doing the following:
- Create a shortcut to C:\Windows\System32\control.exe .
- Right click the shortcut you made and click Properties, then click the Advanced button.
- Check the box for Run As Administrator.
Where is the Start Menu folder in Windows 10?
Start by opening File Explorer and then navigating to the folder where Windows 10 stores your program shortcuts: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs. Opening that folder should display a list of program shortcuts and subfolders.
How do I see all programs in Windows 10?
Choose Start, type the name of the application, like Word or Excel, in the Search programs and files box. In the search results, click the application to start it. Choose Start > All Programs to see a list of all your applications. You might need to scroll down to see the Microsoft Office group.
How do I open the Startup folder in Windows 10?
To open this folder, bring up the Run box, type shell:common startup and hit Enter. Or to open the folder quickly, you can press WinKey, type shell:common startup and hit Enter. You can add shortcuts of the programs you want to start with you Windows in this folder.
How do I find devices on Windows 10?
To view the devices available in Windows 10 follow these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click Devices. The settings related to devices are shown.
- Click Connected Devices.
- Click Bluetooth, if it’s available.
- Click Printers & Scanners.
- Close Settings.
How do I open Device Manager as administrator?
Open the Run window (press Windows+R on the keyboard), type devmgmt.msc and press Enter or click OK. Another command that you can type inside the Run window is: control hdwwiz.cpl.
How do I open administrative Device Manager?
The Windows search function will open as soon as you begin typing; select the “Settings” option on the right side if you’re using Windows 8. Right-click the program that appears in the results list and select “Run as administrator” from the context menu. Enter an administrative username and password, if prompted.
How do I open network connection as administrator?
- Start command prompt with elevated rights, paste ncpa.cpl into command line and run command.
- Like Below.
- Screen should pop up then just right click and select properties.
- 1.Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel.
How do I run add remove programs as administrator?
Open the run box (windows key + r) and type runas /user:DOMAINADMIN cmd. You will be prompted for the domain administrator password. Type said password and press enter. Once the elevated command prompt appears, type control appwiz.cpl to open the Add/Remove Programs control panel.
How do I open Control Panel in Task Manager?
One other way to open Control Panel is to use the Task Manager. Launch Task Manager (a quick way to do it is to press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys on your keyboard).
Photo in the article by “Flickr”