To open this tool, Run msinfo32 and hit Enter.
Here you will see the details under System.
You will also see additional details under SystemBiosDate, SystemBiosVersion, VideoBiosDate and VideoBiosVersion subkeys.
To see the BIOS version Run regedit and navigate to the mentioned registry key.
How do I check my BIOS version Windows 10?
How to Enter the BIOS on a Windows 10 PC
- Navigate to settings. You can get there by clicking the gear icon on the Start menu.
- Select Update & security.
- Select Recovery from the left menu.
- Click Restart Now under Advanced startup.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced options.
- Select UEFI Firmware Settings.
- Click Restart.
How can I find my BIOS version?
There are several ways to check your BIOS version but the easiest is to use System Information. On the Windows 8 and 8.1 “Metro” screen, type run then press Return, in the Run box type msinfo32 and click OK. You can also check the BIOS version from the command prompt.
How do you check if your BIOS is up to date?
Press Window Key+R to access the “RUN” command window. Then type “msinfo32” to bring up your computer’s System Information log. Your current BIOS version will be listed under “BIOS Version/Date”. Now you can download your motherboard’s latest BIOS update and update utility from the manufacturer’s website.
How do I access bios from command prompt?
Using the Command Prompt in Windows
- Click Start menu, and type CMD in the search box, Select CMD.
- The command prompt windows appears, Type wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion. The string of letters and numbers following SMBBIOSBIOSVersion is your BIOS version. Write down the BIOS version number.
How do I find my chipset version?
Identify your chipset in the following way:
- Start menu > right-click on My Computer > choose Properties.
- Click on the Hardware Tab > Device Manager button.
- In the Device Manager, open the category that says: IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
- In the Device Manager, open the category System devices.
How do I check my HP BIOS version?
To update your BIOS on your HP computer/laptop, you will first have to check which version of BIOS is currently running on your system. Hold the Windows key + R. In the run window, type msinfo32 and press Enter. System Information window will open.
How do I know if my BIOS is up to date Windows 10?
To open this tool, Run msinfo32 and hit Enter. Here you will see the details under System. You will also see additional details under SystemBiosDate, SystemBiosVersion, VideoBiosDate and VideoBiosVersion subkeys. To see the BIOS version Run regedit and navigate to the mentioned registry key.
How do I find my BIOS version in Windows 7?
Windows 7 – Check for the BIOS version
- Click on Start > Run > msinfo32.
- This shall open up the System information window.
- Select “System Summary”
- The BIOS version shall be indicated in the right pane:
How do I find my audio driver version?
How to check an installed driver version
- Click Start, then right-click My Computer (or Computer) and click Manage.
- In the Computer Management window, on the left, click Device Manager.
- Click the + sign in front of the device category you want to check.
- Double-click the device for which you need to know the driver version.
- Select the Driver tab.
How do I check my BIOS settings?
Access the BIOS Setup utility using a series of key presses during the boot process.
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Turn on the computer, and then immediately press the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup Menu opens.
- Press F10 to open the BIOS Setup Utility.
Should you update your BIOS?
And you should only update it with good reason. Unlike other programs, the Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) sits on a chip on the motherboard, and is the first code to run when you boot your PC. Although you can update today’s BIOSes, doing so is more dangerous than updating drive-based software.
Can you update BIOS without CPU?
Generally you won’t be able to do anything without the processor and memory. Our motherboards however do allow you to update/flash the BIOS even without a processor, this is by using ASUS USB BIOS Flashback.
How do I pull up my BIOS?
The F1 or F2 key should get you into the BIOS. Older hardware might require the key combination Ctrl + Alt + F3 or Ctrl + Alt + Insert key or Fn + F1.
How do I boot into BIOS?
To specify the boot sequence:
- Start the computer and press ESC, F1, F2, F8 or F10 during the initial startup screen.
- Choose to enter BIOS setup.
- Use the arrow keys to select the BOOT tab.
- To give a CD or DVD drive boot sequence priority over the hard drive, move it to the first position in the list.
How do I get to the boot menu in command prompt?
Launch Boot Options Menu from PC Settings
- Open PC Settings.
- Click Update and recovery.
- Choose Recovery and click on Restart under Advanced startup, in the right panel.
- Open Power Menu.
- Hold the Shift key and click Restart.
- Open a Command Prompt by pressing Win+X and choosing Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin).
How do I identify my motherboard?
The first way to find out your computer’s motherboard natively is by going to System Information. You can either do a Start menu search for “System Information” or launch msinfo32.exe from the Run dialog box to open it. Then go to “System Summary” section and look for “System Model” on the main page.
How do I check my Intel version?
To identify your graphics driver in a DirectX* Diagnostic (DxDiag) report:
- Start > Run (or Flag + R) Note: Flag is the key with the Windows* logo on it.
- Type DxDiag in the Run Window.
- Press Enter.
- Navigate to the tab listed as Display 1.
- The driver version is listed under the Driver section as Version.
What chipset is i5 9600k?
Core i5-9600K is a 64-bit hexa-core mid-range performance x86 desktop microprocessor introduced by Intel in late 2018. This processor, which is based on the Coffee Lake microarchitecture, is manufactured on Intel’s 3rd generation enhanced 14nm++ process.
How do I find my HP serial number?
Finding Serial Numbers – Various Laptop Computers
- Open up the command prompt window on your computer. You can do this by searching for “cmd” or right clicking on the windows home icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- In the command window type in “wmic bios get serialnumber”. The serial number will then be displayed.
Is my BIOS up to date HP?
Download and install the latest available BIOS update from the HP Customer Support website. Go to HP Software & Driver Downloads, and then enter your computer product number. Look through the available software for BIOS, click it, and then confirm it is a higher version number and it is for your processor type.
How do I know which version of Windows 10 I have?
Check Windows 10 Build Version
- Win + R. Open up the run command with the Win + R key combo.
- Launch winver. Simply type in winver into the run command text box and hit OK. That is it. You should now see a dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration information.
How do I find bios on my laptop?
Press and hold the F2 button , then click the power button. DO NOT RELEASE the F2 button until the BIOS screen display. You can refer to the video. Windows 7 – How to enter BIOS configuration?
How do I check my laptop bios?
As the computer reboots, press F2, F10, F12, or Del to enter your computer BIOS menu.
- You may need to press the key repeatedly, as boot times for some computers can be very quick.
- Find the BIOS version. In the BIOS menu, look for text that says BIOS Revision, BIOS Version, or Firmware Version.
How do you get to the BIOS on a laptop?
How to Access ASUS Laptop BIOS
- Restart your laptop or boot it up from a shutdown.
- As soon as the computer starts booting up, press and hold down the F2 key on your keyboard. You only have a few seconds to press the key before the computer enters its normal boot process.
- Release the F2 key as soon as you see the BIOS screen.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”