How do I factory reset my computer without administrator password?
Restore without installation CD/DVD
- Turn on the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At the Advanced Boot Options screen, choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Press Enter.
- Log in as Administrator.
- When Command Prompt appears, type this command: rstrui.exe.
- Press Enter.
How do I reset my windows 8 password without a disk?
Windows 8 and select the main administrator username that is locked. After that, click on “Reset Password” and wait until it clears the password from the screen. Eject the USB flash drive when it is done and click on “Reboot”. Your computer should turn on and it will let you enter into your PC without any password.
How do I factory reset my HP laptop without administrator password?
How to Reset HP Laptop to Factory Settings without Password
- Step 1: Disconnect all connected devices and cables.
- Step 2: Turn on or restart the HP laptop and repeatedly press the F11 key until the Choose an option screen is displayed.
- Step 3: On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
How do I bypass Windows 8 password from command prompt?
Step 1: Login into your computer by using the guest account. (Guest accounts require no password at all). Step 2: Go to “My Computer” and go to C:\Windows\System32. Step 4 : Restart your computer and press Shift key 5 times on your keyboard to launch the command prompt.
How can I reset my laptop without the admin password?
Press and hold the Shift key while clicking Restart. Step 2: When your Dell laptop boots up into Advanced option, select Troubleshoot option. Step 3: Select Reset Your PC. Click on Next on the following menus until your Dell laptop goes ahead and completes a factory reset.
How do you wipe a computer clean to sell it?
Reset your Windows 8.1 PC
- Open PC Settings.
- Click on Update and recovery.
- Click on Recovery.
- Under “Remove everything and reinstall Windows 10,” click the Get started button.
- Click the Next button.
- Click the Fully clean the drive option to erase everything on your device and start fresh with a copy of Windows 8.1.
How do I restore laptop to factory settings?
To reset your PC
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
How do you reset your HP laptop if you forgot your password?
Restart your HP computer and press ESC key to enter into startup menu when the computer starts. Then press F9 key to enter “Boot Device Options” and select Boot Manager. All the booting options will be displayed on that window.
How do I reset my HP laptop administrator password?
Method 1 – Reset password from another Administrator account:
- Log on to Windows by using an Administrator account that has a password that you remember.
- Click Start.
- Click Run.
- In the Open box, type “control userpasswords2″.
- Click Ok.
- Click the user account that you forgot the password for.
- Click Reset Password.
How do I bypass the password on Windows 8?
How to bypass the Windows 8 log-in screen
- From the Start screen, type netplwiz.
- In the User Accounts Control Panel, select the account you wish to use to log in automatically.
- Click off the check-box above the account that says “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.”
- Enter your password once and then a second time to confirm it.
How do I get into my computer if I forgot the password Windows 8?
Start by holding the Shift key down while you restart Windows 8, even from the initial login screen. Once it boots into the Advanced Startup Options (ASO) menu click Troubleshoot, Advanced Options, and UEFI Firmware Settings.
How do I recover my administrator password for Windows 8?
Then you can sign in to your computer successfully with administrator. Step 2: Press Windows +X, and click on Command Prompt (Admin) and Yes. Step 3: On the Command Prompt window, type in Net User <user name> <new password> and press Enter to reset a new password for Windows 8 user account.
How do you unlock a laptop without the password?
Follow the instructions below to unlock Windows password:
- Choose a Windows system running on your laptop from list.
- Choose a user account which you want to reset its password.
- Click “Reset” button to reset the selected account password to blank.
- Click “Reboot” button and unplug the reset disk to restart your laptop.
How do you unlock a HP laptop without the password?
Part 1. How to Unlock HP Laptop without Disk via HP Recovery Manager
- Power off your laptop, wait for a few minutes and then turn it on.
- Keep pressing F11 button on your keyboard and select “HP Recovery Manager” and wait until the program is loaded.
- Continue with the program and choose “System Recovery”.
How do you unlock a locked computer?
Method 1: When the Error Message States the Computer Is Locked by domain\username
- Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to unlock the computer.
- Type the logon information for the last logged on user, and then click OK.
- When the Unlock Computer dialog box disappears, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and log on normally.
Photo in the article by “SAP”