To restore your Windows 7 computer to factory settings
When the Lenovo logo appears on the screen, press F11 several times to open the Advanced Boot Options menu.Note: If the Advanced Boot Options menu doesn’t open, wait for the Windows login prompt.
Then restart the computer and try again.
How do I do a factory reset on a Windows 7 laptop?
The steps are:
- Start the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At Advanced Boot Options, choose Repair Your Computer.
- Press Enter.
- Select a keyboard language and click Next.
- If prompted, login with an administrative account.
- At the System Recovery Options, choose System Restore or Startup Repair (if this is available)
How do you factory reset a Lenovo laptop?
Use setup/repair disk to reset your Lenovo laptop to factory settings
- On Windows 10/8.1/8, there is an easy way to reset your PC to factory settings by pressing on the “Shift” key and click on the “Restart” button.
- There will be two options to choose: “Keep my files” and “Remove everything”.
How do I reset my Lenovo laptop to factory settings without a password Windows 7?
Power on computer, keep pressing Shift key and click “Restart” on Windows sign-in screen to enter the Advanced Startup Options.
- Choose “Troubleshoot” option.
- Select “Reset this PC”.
- Simply select “Just remove my file”.
How can I reset my Lenovo laptop without password?
Step 2: Set Lenovo laptop boot from password recovery disk
- Unplug the USB or CD password reset disk from that computer, and plug it into your locked Lenovo laptop.
- Power on Lenovo laptop, and immediately press F12 key repeatedly when the Lenovo logo appears, until Start Menu appears.
How do you wipe a computer clean to sell it?
Reset your Windows 8.1 PC
- Open PC Settings.
- Click on Update and recovery.
- Click on Recovery.
- Under “Remove everything and reinstall Windows 10,” click the Get started button.
- Click the Next button.
- Click the Fully clean the drive option to erase everything on your device and start fresh with a copy of Windows 8.1.
How do I restore laptop to factory settings?
To reset your PC
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
How do I unlock a locked Windows 7?
When locked out of Windows 7 admin account and forgot password, you can try bypassing the password with command prompt.
- Restart your computer press F8 to enter “Safe Mode” and then navigate to “Advanced Boot Options”.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and then Windows 7 will boot up to the login screen.
How can I reset my computer without a password?
How to factory reset Windows 10 without knowing the password
- While pressing the “Shift” key on your keyboard down, click on the Power icon on the screen and then select Restart.
- After a while of keeping the Shift key pressed, this screen will pop up:
- Choose the Troubleshoot option and hit Enter.
- Then choose “Remove Everything” on the following screen:
How do I reset my HP laptop to factory settings without password?
How to Reset HP Laptop to Factory Settings without Password
- Step 1: Disconnect all connected devices and cables.
- Step 2: Turn on or restart the HP laptop and repeatedly press the F11 key until the Choose an option screen is displayed.
- Step 3: On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
How do you unlock a laptop without the password?
Follow the instructions below to unlock Windows password:
- Choose a Windows system running on your laptop from list.
- Choose a user account which you want to reset its password.
- Click “Reset” button to reset the selected account password to blank.
- Click “Reboot” button and unplug the reset disk to restart your laptop.
How can I open my laptop without password?
Use the hidden administrator account
- Start up (or re-start) your computer and press F8 repeatedly.
- From the menu that appears, choose Safe Mode.
- Key in “Administrator” in Username (note the capital A), and leave the password blank.
- You should be logged in to safe mode.
- Go to Control Panel, then User Accounts.
How do I factory reset my Lenovo laptop Windows 10?
How to Reset Your Windows 10 PC
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select “Update & security”
- Click Recovery in the left pane.
- Click Get started under Reset this PC.
- Click either “Keep my files” or “Remove everything,” depending on whether you want to keep your data files intact.
How do I wipe my laptop to sell Windows 7?
As long as you have your original Windows operating system disk and serial number, we recommend reinstalling Windows so the new owner has a fresh PC to use. Go to Control Panel, type in ‘reinstall Windows’ and, in the Recovery menu, choose Advanced recovery methods, then click on the Reinstall Windows option.
How do you wipe a computer clean to sell it Windows 10?
Windows 10 has a built-in method for wiping your PC and restoring it to an ‘as new’ state. You can choose to preserve just your personal files or to erase everything, depending on what you need. Go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery, click Get started and select the appropriate option.
How do I delete everything on my computer windows 7?
Press the Windows key plus the “C” key to open the Charms menu. Select the Search option and type reinstall in the Search text field (do not press Enter). On the left side of the screen, select Remove everything and reinstall Windows. On the “Reset your PC” screen, click Next.
How do you master reset a laptop?
Laptop hard reset
- Close all windows and turn the laptop off.
- Once the laptop is off, disconnect the AC adapter (power) and remove the battery.
- After removing the battery and disconnecting the power cord, leave the computer off for 30 seconds and while off, press and hold the power button in 5-10 second intervals.
How do I do a factory reset?
Factory reset Android in Recovery Mode
- Turn your phone off.
- Hold the Volume down button, and while doing so, also hold the Power button until the phone turns on.
- You’ll see the word Start, then you should press Volume down until Recovery mode is highlighted.
- Now press the Power button to start recovery mode.
How long does it take to reset a laptop?
In this case it will take a long time for the reset process to complete depending on the applications to be installed. This can be anywhere from 1 hour to 4 hours. This applies to Windows 10 only. Go with the Remove Everything option and chose to Remove Everything Installed on Windows Drive only.
How do you unlock a locked computer?
Method 1: When the Error Message States the Computer Is Locked by domain\username
- Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to unlock the computer.
- Type the logon information for the last logged on user, and then click OK.
- When the Unlock Computer dialog box disappears, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and log on normally.
How do I start Windows 7 without a password?
Windows 7 and choose one of the accounts on the list. Click on “Reset Password” followed by “Reboot” and this should totally destroy the password from the welcome screen. You can now enter into your PC without entering any password at all. This is by far the easiest way to unlock a Windows 7 computer or laptop.
How do I get into Windows 7 without a password?
Step 1: Restart your Windows 7 computer and hold on pressing F8 to enter Advanced Boot Options. Step 2: Choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt in the coming screen and press Enter. Step 3: In pop-up command prompt window, type net user and hit Enter. Then all Windows 7 user accounts would be listed in the window.
How do you reset a HP computer to factory settings?
Use one of the following methods to open Windows Recovery Environment:
- Restart your computer and immediately press the F11 key repeatedly. The Choose an option screen opens.
- Click Start . While holding down the Shift key, click Power, then select Restart.
How do I factory reset my laptop Windows 10 without password?
How to Factory Reset Windows 10 Laptop without Password
- Go to Start menu, click on “Settings”, select “Update & Security”.
- Click on “Recovery” tab, and then click on “Get start” button under Reset this PC.
- Select “Keep my files” or “Remove everything”.
- Click on “Next” to reset this PC.
How do I wipe my HP laptop clean and start over?
From the Start screen, type reset to open the Search charm, and then select Remove everything and reinstall Windows from the search results. Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, click Get started. On the Reset your PC screen, click Next.
How do I bypass Windows 7 password from command prompt?
Way 2: Reset Windows 7 password with command prompt in safe mode
- Step 1: Start computer and press F8 while the computer boots up.
- Step 2: When Advanced Boot Options screen appears, select Safe Mode with Command Prompt and press Enter.
- Step 3: Run command prompt with default Administrator privileges.
How can I bypass administrator password?
The password gatekeeper is bypassed in Safe Mode and you will be able to go to “Start,” “Control Panel” and then “User Accounts.” Inside User Accounts, remove or reset the password. Save the change and reboot windows through a proper system restart procedure (“Start” then “Restart.”).
How do I reset my laptop password without a disk?
Boot your computer in Safe Mode so that you can log in to Windows as the built-in Administrator account. Then reset the password for your locked account. Step 1: Start or restart your computer. Instantly press and hold F8 to enter Advanced Boot Options.
Photo in the article by “Ybierling”