How to Make Desktop Shortcuts in Windows 10
- MORE: These Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts Will Save You Clicks.
- Select All apps.
- Right-click on the app you want to create a desktop shortcut for.
- Select More.
- Select Open file location.
- Right-click on the app’s icon.
- Select Create shortcut.
- Select Yes.
How do I create a desktop shortcut?
To create a desktop icon or shortcut, do the following:
- Browse to the file on your hard disk for which you want to create a shortcut.
- Right-click the file for which you want to create a shortcut.
- Select Create Shortcut from the menu.
- Drag the shortcut to the desktop or any other folder.
- Rename the shortcut.
How do I create a desktop shortcut to a website?
Navigate to your favorite page and click the wrench icon in the right corner of the screen. Scroll down to Tools and select Create Application Shortcuts. From the dialogue box, choose whether you want the shortcut to appear on your Desktop, in your Start menu or pinned to your Taskbar.
How do I create a shortcut to a folder in Windows 10?
How To: Create Shortcuts to Shell Folders on the Windows 10 Desktop
- Right-click on the Windows 10 desktop and choose New > Shortcut.
- When the new shortcut screen displays, enter the Shell command followed by the hidden folder name (as in the previous tip), but precede it by the word Explorer as shown in the image.
How do I create a shortcut on my desktop in Windows 10?
Show desktop icons in Windows 10
- Select the Start button, and then select Settings > Personalization > Themes.
- Under Themes > Related Settings, select Desktop icon settings.
- Choose the icons you would like to have on your desktop, then select Apply and OK.
- Note: If you are in tablet mode, you may not be able to see your desktop icons properly.
How do I pin a website to my desktop in Windows 10?
Pin Websites to Windows 10 Taskbar or Start from Chrome. Make sure you have the most updated version of Chrome. Launch it, and then head to the website you want to pin. Then click the Settings menu located at the upper-right corner of the browser and select More tools > Add to taskbar.
How do I create a desktop shortcut to a website in Windows 10?
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer browser and navigate to the website or webpage. Step 2: Right-click on the empty area of the webpage/website and then click Create Shortcut option. Step 3: When you see the confirmation dialog, click Yes button to create the website/webpage shortcut on the desktop.
How do I create a desktop shortcut in Google Chrome?
Creating a Website Shortcut on your Desktop
- Click the Chrome menu Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Tools.
- Select Create application shortcuts.
- In the dialog that appears, choose where you’d like the shortcuts to be placed on your computer.
- Click Create.
How do I create a shortcut to a website on my desktop in Windows 10 edge?
To create a desktop shortcut to open a website or a web page direct in Edge browser, you will have to follow the usual way to create a desktop shortcut and change its icon. Click on Next, give the shortcut and name and complete the process. You may want to change the icon of the newly created shortcut.
How do I create a shortcut to a mapped drive?
How to Map a Network Drive in Windows 10
- Open File Explorer and select This PC.
- Click the Map network drive drop-down in the ribbon menu at the top, then select “Map network drive.”
- Select the drive letter you want to use for the network folder, then hit Browse.
- If you receive an error message, then you’ll need to turn on network discovery.
How do I create a shortcut to a network folder?
Creating a Shortcut to a File or Folder
- Open the drive or folder containing the file or folder in which you want to create a shortcut.
- Right-click the file or folder, and then click Create shortcut.
- To change the shortcut’s name, right-click the shortcut, click Rename from the shortcut menu, type a new name, and then press Enter.
How do I create a shortcut to a folder?
Create Desktop Shortcut for a File or Folder
- Navigate to the file or folder on your computer.
- Right click the file or folder.
- Skim down the menu that appears and left click the Send To item on the list.
- Left click the Desktop (create shortcut) item on the list.
- Close or minimize all open windows.
How do I put icons on my desktop in Windows 10?
How to restore the old Windows desktop icons
- Open Settings.
- Click on Personalization.
- Click on Themes.
- Click the Desktop icons settings link.
- Check each icon you want to see on the desktop, including Computer (This PC), User’s Files, Network, Recycle Bin, and Control Panel.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
How do I put this PC on desktop?
Choose Which System Icons Appear on Desktop
- Right click (or tap and hold) on Desktop and choose Personalize.
- Select Themes from the left sidebar.
- Click/tap Desktop icon settings.
- Check the system icons which you want on your desktop and uncheck the ones not needed. To add This PC, check Computer.
- Click OK.
How do I put this PC on my desktop?
To view them, right-click the desktop, select View, and then select Show desktop icons. To add icons to your desktop such as This PC, Recycle Bin and more: Select the Start button, and then select Settings > Personalization > Themes.
How do I put desktop shortcut in edge?
How to: Place Microsoft Edge Shortcut on the Desktop
- Right click over top of the text above and select Copy from the dialogue menu.
- Go to the desktop and right click on an empty space, then select “New -> Create Shortcut” from the dialogue menu.
- The “Create Shortcut” window will appear.
- For the name of the shortcut, call it “Microsoft Edge”, then click Finish.
How do I pin a website to my desktop in Microsoft edge?
How to Pin a Website to Windows 10’s Start Menu
- Open Edge.
- Navigate to the site you want to pin.
- Tap the three-dot menu button at the top right.
- Select Pin To Start.
- Open the Start menu.
- Right click the icon for the page you want to unpin..
- Select Unpin From Start or Resize.
How do I create a desktop shortcut to a website in Internet Explorer?
Create website shortcuts on your desktop. There are two ways you can create desktop shortcut to website on your Windows desktop. In Internet Explorer, open your favorite website and right click in any blank space on the web page. From the context menu which pops up, select Create shortcut.
Photo in the article by “Mount Pleasant Granary”