Windows 8.x and earlier
- Navigate to the Control Panel. Note: For help navigating, see Getting around in Windows.
- Double-click User Accounts, and then click Manage User Accounts.
- Click Create new account. Enter a name for the account, and then click Next.
- Click Computer administrator, and then click Create Account.
How do I create an administrator account in Windows 10?
To create a local Windows 10 account, log in to an account with administrative privileges. Open the Start menu, click the user icon, and then select Change account settings. On the Settings dialog box, click Family & other users in the left pane. Then, click Add someone else to this PC under Other users on the right.
How do I make myself an administrator using CMD?
2. Use Command Prompt
- From your Home Screen launch the Run box – press Wind + R keyboard keys.
- Type “cmd” and press enter.
- On the CMD window type “net user administrator /active:yes”.
- That’s it. Of course you can revert the operation by typing “net user administrator /active:no”.
How do I create a new administrator account on my computer?
To create an administrator account on a Windows computer in the Indiana University ADS domain:
- Navigate to the Control Panel.
- Double-click User Accounts, click Manage User Accounts, and then click Add.
- Enter a name and domain for the administrator account.
- In Windows 10, select Administrator.
How do I unlock a user account in Windows 10 with command prompt?
Local Users and Groups is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions. 1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type lusrmgr.msc into Run, and click/tap on OK to open Local Users and Groups. If Account is locked out is grayed out and unchecked, then the account is not locked out.
Photo in the article by “President of Russia”