How to create a batch file on Windows 10
- Open Start.
- Search for Notepad, and click the top result to launch the app.
- Type the following lines to create a simple batch file: @ECHO OFF ECHO Congratulations!
- Click the File menu.
- Select the Save as option.
- Type a name for the script, for example, first_simple_batch.bat.
How do I make a batch file?
- Click File and then Save, and then navigate to where you want to save the file. For the file name, type test.bat and if your version of Windows has a Save as type option, choose All files, otherwise it saves as a text file.
- To run the batch file, double-click it like any other program.
How do I Auto run a batch file in Windows 10?
How to schedule a Batch File to run automatically in Windows 10/8
- Step 1: Create a batch file you wish to run and place it under a folder where you have enough permissions.
- Step 2: Click on Start and under search, type in Task and click open Task Scheduler.
- Step 3: Select Create Basic Task from the Action pane on the right of the window.
How do I run a script in Windows?
Within your Windows environment, you can quickly run the script using of these methods:
- Double-click the icon of the script file just as you would with an executable file.
- Click the Start button, and then click Run.
- From the command line, type the name of the script.
- Schedule the script using Windows Task Scheduler.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”