If you’ve forgotten your Windows 8.1 password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
- If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
- If you’re using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online.
- If you’re using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
How do I log into Windows 10 if I forgot my password?
Simply press Windows logo key + X on your keyboard to open the Quick Access menu and click Command Prompt (Admin). To reset your forgotten password, type the following command and press Enter. Replace account_name and new_password with your username and desired password respectively.
How do you bypass a Windows password?
In order to make full use of command prompt to bypass Windows 7 login password, please choose the third one. Step 1: Restart your Windows 7 computer and hold on pressing F8 to enter Advanced Boot Options. Step 2: Choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt in the coming screen and press Enter.
How do I bypass the login screen on Windows 10?
Way 1: Skip Windows 10 login screen with netplwiz
- Press Win + R to open Run box, and enter “netplwiz”.
- Uncheck “User must enter a user name and password to use the computer”.
- Click Apply and if there is pop-up dialog, please confirm the user account and enter its password.
How do I reset a forgotten password on my laptop?
Use the hidden administrator account
- Start up (or re-start) your computer and press F8 repeatedly.
- From the menu that appears, choose Safe Mode.
- Key in “Administrator” in Username (note the capital A), and leave the password blank.
- You should be logged in to safe mode.
- Go to Control Panel, then User Accounts.
How do I log into Windows 10 without a password?
First, click the Windows 10 Start Menu and type Netplwiz. Select the program that appears with the same name. This window gives you access to Windows user accounts and many password controls. Right at the top is a checkmark next to the option labeled Users must enter a username and password to use this computer.”
How do I bypass a password on Windows 10 when its locked?
Type “netplwiz” in Run box and press Enter.
- In User Accounts dialog, under Users tab, select a user account used to automatically login to Windows 10 from then on.
- Uncheck the option “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”.
- In pop-up dialog, enter the chosen user password and click OK.
How can I change my Windows password without old password?
Change Windows Password Without Knowing Old Password easily
- Right click on the Windows icon and select Manage option from the context menu that appears.
- Find and expand the entry named Local Users and Groups from the left window pane and then click on Users.
- From the right window pane, find the user account that you want to change the password of and right click on it.
How do you bypass a password?
Press the Windows key + R to launch the Run command box. Type netplwiz and hit Enter. In the User Accounts dialog box, select the user you want to automatically log in to, and uncheck the option “Users must enter a user name and a password to use this computer”. Click OK.
How do you bypass a locked computer?
Insert the bootable disk on the locked computer and reboot it. Press F2, F8, Esc or Del key on your keyboard to activate the boot menu options, then select the USB flash drive name and press Enter. Now, the computer will boot from the USB drive. If you forgot to do this, the computer will go to login screen.
How do I get rid of startup password?
Two Efficient Methods to Remove Startup Password
- Type netplwiz in the Start menu search bar. Then click the top result to run the command.
- Uncheck ‘Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer’ and click on “Apply”.
- Enter the new username and password, then re-enter your password.
- Click Ok again to save the changes.
How can I bypass administrator password?
The password gatekeeper is bypassed in Safe Mode and you will be able to go to “Start,” “Control Panel” and then “User Accounts.” Inside User Accounts, remove or reset the password. Save the change and reboot windows through a proper system restart procedure (“Start” then “Restart.”).
How do I bypass the local password on Windows 10?
Windows 10 login without password – bypass it with 9 tips
- Press “Windows + R” to open Run, on the text box type in: netplwiz, and then press “Enter”.
- On the Automatically sign in page, enter “User name”, “Password”, and “Confirm Password”, click on “OK”.
How do you unlock a laptop without the password?
Follow the instructions below to unlock Windows password:
- Choose a Windows system running on your laptop from list.
- Choose a user account which you want to reset its password.
- Click “Reset” button to reset the selected account password to blank.
- Click “Reboot” button and unplug the reset disk to restart your laptop.
How do you unlock a HP laptop without the password?
Part 1. How to Unlock HP Laptop without Disk via HP Recovery Manager
- Power off your laptop, wait for a few minutes and then turn it on.
- Keep pressing F11 button on your keyboard and select “HP Recovery Manager” and wait until the program is loaded.
- Continue with the program and choose “System Recovery”.
How do I reset my laptop password with a USB?
Create Password Reset Disk
- Step 1: Insert your Flash drive into the Computer.
- Step 2: Open the Control Panel and then click open the User Accounts applet.
- Step 3: Follow the Forgotten Password Wizard.
- Step 4: Click next and select the Flash drive from the drop-down menu.
- Step 5: Click Next to start the process.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”