Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click Personalization to access Personalization settings.
Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.
Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of This PC and click Change Icon.
How do I change icons?
Method 1 Changing Icons to Photos
- Download Awesome Icons from the Play Store. .
- Open Awesome Icons.
- Scroll down to the app you want to assign a new icon.
- Tap the photo/gallery icon.
- Tap the image you want to use as an icon.
- Select the part of the image you want to use as the icon.
- Tap Crop.
- Tap OK.
How do I change the default icons in Windows 10?
Change Default Folder Picture Windows 10 File Explorer. First, open File Explorer and right-click on the folder you want to change the default picture and choose Properties from the context menu. Then click the Customize tab and click the “Choose File” button.
How do I change the PDF icon in Windows 10?
Navigate to any PDF file on your system and right click on it to open properties. On properties window, You’ll see a change button (as highlighted in screen clips below). Use it to set adobe acrobat reader as your default app. It will help restore the default pdf icon you’re used to!
How do I change app icons in Windows 10?
How to Change Taskbar Icons for Programs in Windows 10
- Pin the program to your Taskbar.
- Right-click the new icon in your Taskbar.
- You’ll see the properties window.
- Click the Browse button and browse to the new icon file on your PC.
- Click OK twice to save the new icon.
How do I change my icons back to normal?
If you want to restore the default icons for the standard Desktop shortcuts, you need to go back to the Desktop Icon Settings windows. Now select the shortcut for which you want to revert to the default icon and press the Restore Default button. The icon has been restored. Click or tap OK and you are done.
How do I change icons on Windows 10?
Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click Personalization to access Personalization settings. Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window. Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of This PC and click Change Icon.
How do I change shortcut icons in Windows 10?
How to Change Icon for Any Desktop Shortcut in Windows 10
- Step 2: After the shortcut’s Properties dialog opens, select the Shortcut tab, and then click the “Change Icon” button.
- Step 3: By default, Windows looks for some icons from the location “%windir%\explorer.exe”, and show them in the list.
How do I change the icon size in Windows 10?
How to Change the Size of Desktop Icons in Windows 10
- Right-click on an empty space on the desktop.
- Select View from the contextual menu.
- Select either Large icons, Medium icons, or Small icons.
- Right-click on an empty space on the desktop.
- Select Display settings from the contextual menu.
How do I change a program icon?
Once you have the icon that you want to use, right click or press and hold the shortcut whose icon you want to change. Then, select Properties. In the Shortcut tab, click or tap the “Change Icon” button. The Change Icon window opens.
How do I change a PDF icon?
Step 2: Click on the File Types tab and you’ll see a listing of all the registered file types on your computer along with the extensions and the icon. Step 3: Scroll down to the file extension you want to change the icon for and then select it in the list.
How do I change folder icons in Windows 10?
How to Change Folder Icon in Windows 10
- Open This PC in File Explorer.
- Locate the folder whose icon you wish to customize.
- Right click it and select Properties in the context menu.
- In the Properties window, go to the Customize tab.
- Click on the button Change Icon.
- In the next dialog, pick a new icon and you are done.
How do I change drive icons in Windows 10?
Specific Drive Icon – Change in Windows 10
- Open Registry Editor.
- Go to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons.
- Under the DriveIcons subkey, create a new subkey and use the drive letter (ex: D ) that you want to change the icon for.
How do I change the taskbar icons in Windows 10?
Change taskbar icons for programs in Windows 10
- Step 1: Pin your favorite programs to the taskbar.
- Step 2: Next is changing program’s icon on the taskbar.
- Step 3: On the jump list, right-click on the name of the program and then click Properties (refer to the picture).
- Step 4: Under the Shortcut tab, click Change Icon button to open Change icon dialog.
How do I change the icon on an EXE file?
Click the “Change Icon” button at the bottom of the window. Click the “Browse” button in top of the “Change Icon” window and navigate to the ICO (icon) file you want to use as your custom icon. Click “Open” or “OK” when you have selected your icon file.
How do I fix broken icons on Windows 10?
Option one. Delete the corrupted icon cache in Windows 10
- The icon cache file is hidden in Windows so if you have set hidden and system files to not show, you will have to show them.
- Then, open Folder Options and go to the View tab.
- Press the Win+R keys together on your keyboard to open the Run dialog.
How do I restore shortcuts in Windows 10?
How to restore the old Windows desktop icons
- Open Settings.
- Click on Personalization.
- Click on Themes.
- Click the Desktop icons settings link.
- Check each icon you want to see on the desktop, including Computer (This PC), User’s Files, Network, Recycle Bin, and Control Panel.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
How do you make your apps look cute?
10 Apps That Will Make Your Phone Look Cute
- 1 Cartoon Home Screen Wallpaper Maker.
- 2 GO SMS Pro.
- 3 Chroma.
- 4 Unique Locks.
- 5 Cartoon Pack FlipFont.
- 7 App Icons + Customize Your Home Screen Icons.
- 8 CocoPPa.
- 10 DIY Wallpaper Frames (Screen: for Lock Screen and Home Screen)
How do you change the icon for a desktop shortcut?
To change the icon for a program or file shortcut, follow the steps below.
- Right-click the program or file shortcut.
- In the pop-up menu, select Properties.
- On the Shortcut tab, click on the Change Icon button.
- In the Change Icon window, select the icon you want to use.
- After selecting the icon, click OK.
How do I remove the shortcut icons in Windows 10?
To remove arrows from shortcut icons with Ultimate Windows Tweaker, choose the Customization section on the left, click the File Explorer tab, and then click “Remove Shortcut Arrows From Shortcut Icons.”
How do I download icons for Windows 10?
Downloading icons for Windows 10, Windows 8
- Visit any website that hosts icons.
- In the search bar enter the desired term.
- Now you’ll see the list of icons that meet your search criteria. Select the desired icon.
- You should be presented with several download options. Select to download your icon in .ico format.
How do I change the icon space in Windows 10?
Steps to Change Desktop Icon Spacing (Horizontal and Vertical) in Windows 10
- Navigate to the following location.
- In the right panel, find out WindowMetrics. This is the horizontal spacing.
- Now the vertical spacing is same as step 4. All you need to do is double click on IconVerticalSpacing.
How do I make the default icons bigger in Windows 10?
How to: Change Default Icon View in Windows 10 (for All Folders)
- Click Start and then click This PC; this will open a File Explorer window.
- Navigate to any folder on your C drive.
- Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large Icons.
How do I make the icons smaller?
To resize desktop icons. Right-click (or press and hold) the desktop, point to View, and then select Large icons, Medium icons, or Small icons. You can also use the scroll wheel on your mouse to resize desktop icons. On the desktop, press and hold Ctrl while you scroll the wheel to make icons larger or smaller.
How do I change file icons in Windows 10?
Customizing Desktop Icons in Windows 10
- Click on the Personalization tab as highlighted in the image shown above.
- Click on the Desktop icon settings option as highlighted in the following image:
- As soon as you will click on it, the Desktop Icon Settings window will appear which is shown in the image below:
How do I change the icon of a batch file?
You can, however, create a shortcut in the .lnk format that stores an icon. You can just create a shortcut and then right click on it -> properties -> change icon, and just browse for your desired icon. Hope this help. This will convert your batch file to an executable, then you can set the icon for the converted file.
Where are Windows icons stored?
These icons are located in the C:\Windows\system32\SHELL32.dll location.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”